©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Belt Squat

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
That's awesome. Wish my gym had one of those. Used to belong to a gym that had one that was a cable machine, but it always pulled you into a weird position. This looks like a much better variation.

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
My gym has one of these along with a ton of other top quality powerlifting equipment. I love this thing as an accessory after squatting.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I wish my gym had one of those. I have see a few pros using them in videos recently.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Great exercise. Takes away lower back and I feel it all in my quads.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
My gym does not have that. Can anyone recommend a good belt to attach weights for squats?

ELIMINATOR

Jan 3, 2015
Check out Mike Tuchscherer's instagram. He just uses a belt for dips to mimic this exercise. Too bad my gym sucks. This exercise looks awesome!

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
See I shattered my spine in 1995 . I had surgery without rods just shavings of my hip bone grafted with laminea. My post op rehab consisted of deadlifts , hypers stretching and core power. Thus 20 plus years later I still do as part of my bodybuilding. My doc ( by the way considered the best spine surgeon on planet earth ) said make the muscles along your spine and traverse abdominus strong like your arms . I turned my body into its own belts . As more research has proven that belts and wraps degrade your body . The muscle atrophies. Not good . I tossed my belt in 1995 . Had surgery on spine and at 52 still do squats , presses bent rows. Ironically in my 20s I could not do bent rows without straining my back . Now I workout with 315 on barbell rows. No belt , calf raise with 600 stack no belt . Depending on individual issues, you need to be stronger. Though to me in a meet or only during acute phase of injury use supports . Of course my orthopedic sports medicine surgeon guided me . I do empasize that if you do seek medical guidance a chiropractor is not the first step . They are not appropriate for everyone. Only for specific injury or conditions.