©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Chest with Ronnie

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Do it exactly the same way as Ron and you will get the same exact results. PROMISE.......;):eek:

[ame]https://youtu.be/6PWAQJy3gIs[/ame]

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
RC in his prime was one of the best to ever do it. His strength was always unbelievable to me. Great video!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I noticed his ROM on those dumbbell presses was fairly limited. Was that normal for him, or did he do that from time to time as a variation? Not that anyone is actually familiar enough with his training to know the answer to my question, but just thought I’d ask.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ron, Jay, Branch, it seams like most of the truly "big" players in the sport don't get caught up in technique. They could probably grow laying in bed thinking about training. Even the technically clean guys go to partials at the end of there sets to ring out every last rep. Watching Branch train is a "how too" session in not training properly. Kinda just makes me rub my chin.......

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Makes me wonder if it has something to do with getting to a certain size? Like once you get there you don’t have to worry about certain things like form or ROM as much, or at all. Or if it’s just a genetic thing and they would get big whether they had great form and ROM or not.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
His rom looks ok to me. I doubt he was thinking keeping constant tension and it's more just a weight factor or whatever feels good.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
His rom looks ok to me. I doubt he was thinking keeping constant tension and it's more just a weight factor or whatever feels good.

I’m not saying it’s terrible, just a little limited. Not what I would call a “full range of motion”.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
Great video. He was a freak. I do the same on most of my presses. Not sure what he does for barbell presses but I try to keep the bar a few inches from my chest to avoid shoulder issues.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Do it exactly the same way as Ron and you will get the same exact results. PROMISE.......;):eek:

https://youtu.be/6PWAQJy3gIs

Actually everyone is different. Never should one mimic a pro. Study , understand the concepts but realize you need to spend long time working your way and Ronnie has experience expertise in using chemicals to enhance recovery. Which is also learning process not a shortcut

FastBunny

May 27, 2018
Different indeed. There was a magazine article that talked about how Robnie’s cells repirduced at 2x date more than normal people, guess that had something to do with the size?

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
Copying the workouts of some one that is genetically gifted probably wont get you the same results unless you have similar genetics. Find some one who has struggled to make good gains and they can most likely give you better advice.

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
I noticed his ROM on those dumbbell presses was fairly limited. Was that normal for him, or did he do that from time to time as a variation? Not that anyone is actually familiar enough with his training to know the answer to my question, but just thought I’d ask.

First yes but good eye - partials are a good technique to get used to heavy workout pounds , create hyperplasia by recruiting most fibers etc. you begin strict , full but when you fatigue few extra partial reps . Studies done in USA, Germany and Japan actually validated this couple guys from iron man mag made few ebooks called xrep etc Ronnie Coleman was used to illustrate this ironic lol

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
Makes me wonder if it has something to do with getting to a certain size? Like once you get there you don’t have to worry about certain things like form or ROM as much, or at all. Or if it’s just a genetic thing and they would get big whether they had great form and ROM or not.

Yes it’s literally an advanced thing I got copy of ebook just pm email I’ll send free . Otherwise google it

MIA10

May 15, 2012
Watching Branch train is a "how too" session in not training properly. Kinda just makes me rub my chin.......

I feel the same way. It's kind of like a deep respect mixed with curiosity and disbelief. I can't imagine many of the top pros would have lasted as long as he has training that way throughout their careers, let alone the average gym rat. It's kind of miraculous how well his body has generally held up.