©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Complete pec tendon tear

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
If a person has a torn pec can he or she still deadlift and squat? Or would the injury hinder the 2 lifts.

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
I work my way up to singles, doubles and triples around 385 up to 550. Before that I warm up with 135, 225, 315 for sets of 8 to 15 reps. I'm out of commission on chest. But instead if sitting around fee5sorry for myself I would like to continue back and legs and possibly my other non injured side of my chest

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
just be careful when you do your chest or anything because that extra pressure might cause old scar tissue pop

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
Dr recommends I do stem cell therapy and 3 to 4 ius of growth ti aid in recovery. I told him if he wrote it, I'd take it

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
If a person has a torn pec can he or she still deadlift and squat? Or would the injury hinder the 2 lifts.

I think you who notice it more with the deadlift but I just wouldn't go crazy heavy with either exercise until you get the feel of things.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I say no
Not with it risking tearing it worst then before.
You are leaving out a lot
Did you get an operation?
Minor tear or major?
And it's not the injury hindering the lifts-it's the lifts tearing the chest so much that you are all done.
You have so many leg exercises you can do
What part of the chest?
What were you doing when it tore?
Concentrate on legs with no squats-
Machines that you don't have top load
Streches
Core that doesn't tie to your chest

Last edited:

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
I think you who notice it more with the deadlift but I just wouldn't go crazy heavy with either exercise until you get the feel of things.

I'm assuming some gH will aid in the healing as well?

Elite242lbs

Donating Member
Nov 26, 2018
I had a Pectorial tendon repair surgery. I relied on SSB box squats with my arm in a sling, did my physical therapy for 3 months and was able to compete in a powerlfiting meet in 6 months. Hit 463 bench which was a PR at the time. TRT test, 40mg anavar/day and 3iu of HGH.

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
I had a Pectorial tendon repair surgery. I relied on SSB box squats with my arm in a sling, did my physical therapy for 3 months and was able to compete in a powerlfiting meet in 6 months. Hit 463 bench which was a PR at the time. TRT test, 40mg anavar/day and 3iu of HGH.

How long did you run gH? The 3 months or for the 6months