©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cycle for a meet

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
I have a powerlifting meet coming up in August. I want to jump on a few compounds for the show but what about until then? I was considering jumping on a few compounds now to get my strength up etc and then about 6 to 8 weeks out jump back on again. Or should I wait until closer to meet day? What I do not want to happen is have my lifts suffer because of having only 6 to 8 weeks of training while "on"

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Our resident PLing expert is psych. I’ll let him cover the details. But first, a question. Why does it have to be only 6-8 weeks before the meet? Why not do a longer 12-16 week cycle before the meet to make sure you’re at your strongest? That should give you time to go through the phases and to get to the “supercompensation” phase of the training cycle as your meet happens. Just curious.

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
Our resident PLing expert is psych. I’ll let him cover the details. But first, a question. Why does it have to be only 6-8 weeks before the meet? Why not do a longer 12-16 week cycle before the meet to make sure you’re at your strongest? That should give you time to go through the phases and to get to the “supercompensation” phase of the training cycle as your meet happens. Just curious.

Well I didn't want to be on for that long but if you guys don't think that would be an issue then I can easily do that. I actually would prefer that lol. Not as much jumping around

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
Like GearPro said. Just run a 16 week cycle and start it 4 months out from the meet. Some feds test but It's been my experience that feds that do test only do so when someone is like mutant strong.

Ace_1

Jan 31, 2019
I don't believe this one will. I think everyone there will be on fish oil ��