©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Heart rate while cardio?

bodymark

Jul 27, 2017
at what rate do most of you guys keep your heart rate while performing cardio to burn some fat, wheather its early in the morning or post work out???

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
If you are doing HIIT cardio, and you should be, then heart rate is irrelevant. Just perform the exercise at your absolute highest possible intensity for the allotted 30-60 seconds. You should be going as hard and fast as you can possibly go, for the entire time.

Part of the benefit of HIIT cardio is the constant increase and decrease in intensity levels. It trains your body to not just improve its maximal aerobic capacity under load, but also to slow down your heart rate and recover more quickly once the exercise is over. It's the improvement in recovery and returning to resting heart rate faster that scientists think is maybe the most valuable component to HIIT cardio.

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
120HR.....5mins.....wait to it comes down to 80s...
120HR.....repeat....

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
This is almost exactly where I like to keep mine at, I get a good sweat going and don't feel like it impacts my physique in a negative way.

I've gone with higher heart rate ranges and it just seems like the extra effort eats away at my quads more than anything.

I keep it at 112-115bpm 30min....done