©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Palumbo vs Ray On Ronnie's Current Condition

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
This is a debate between Dave Palumbo and Shawn Ray. Shawn blames Ronnie for his current condition and Dave says there are some other factors there. To me, Shawn goes overboard. If it's true Ronnie was doing things too early after surgery, that's not smart at all. I have 14 screws in my spine, 6 in my neck, 8 in my lumbar, plus another device that is hard to explain...it has two serrated pieces that come out from the implant, that go into the vertebrae above and below which is also in my neck. I've never had a screw break.

Also, Ronnie was strong but I don't think he deserves to be blamed. It's unfortunate he's had the troubles he's had. Most strongmen, powerlifters, and other power bodybuilders aren't in the condition he is. People refer to him squatting 800lbs for a couple of reps. What about Platz?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BWNmo0Ff8

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I love Ronnie Coleman, but i'm leaning more towards Shawns argument. Besides Ronnie kept pushing it as he aged and we all know that you cant keep up that heavy training style into your 50s.....
BUT come on leave the guy alone. He was one of the Best and hes a great guy.

This is a debate between Dave Palumbo and Shawn Ray. Shawn blames Ronnie for his current condition and Dave says there are some other factors there. To me, Shawn goes overboard. If it's true Ronnie was doing things too early after surgery, that's not smart at all. I have 14 screws in my spine, 6 in my neck, 8 in my lumbar, plus another device that is hard to explain...it has two serrated pieces that come out from the implant, that go into the vertebrae above and below which is also in my neck. I've never had a screw break.

Also, Ronnie was strong but I don't think he deserves to be blamed. It's unfortunate he's had the troubles he's had. Most strongmen, powerlifters, and other power bodybuilders aren't in the condition he is. People refer to him squatting 800lbs for a couple of reps. What about Platz?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39BWNmo0Ff8