©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

raw eggs

john696

Apr 28, 2011
I like to drink egg white or egg beaters with my morning meal.. I wonder is there anything wrong with eating raw egg white as opposed to cooking them somehow? are more protein in raw eggs than those cooked? thanks

wifi75

May 10, 2011
I like to drink egg white or egg beaters with my morning meal.. I wonder is there anything wrong with eating raw egg white as opposed to cooking them somehow? are more protein in raw eggs than those cooked? thanks

raw egg whites contain a protein called avidin, which inhibits the uptake of biotin. So, if you're not looking for a biotin deficiency there I don't think that is a good idea . You can eat a whole egg, however , there is enough biotin in the york for the small avidin problem to not even matter

john696

Apr 28, 2011
raw egg whites contain a protein called avidin, which inhibits the uptake of biotin. So, if you're not looking for a biotin deficiency there I don't think that is a good idea . You can eat a whole egg, however , there is enough biotin in the york for the small avidin problem to not even matter

what are the symptoms of biotin deficiency? what kind of harm could that cause me?I'm still getting all the protein, right?