©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

T3 (cytomel) solvent? Any ideas?

WoodTiger74

Jun 14, 2009
I have some t3 powder that I want to dissolve in solution. Does anyone know what works well as a solvent for it? I've tried isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, ethanol, acetone, acetic acid, water with soap, glycerine... nothing works. This stuff is highly insoluble. Can anybody help me out?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I have some t3 powder that I want to dissolve in solution. Does anyone know what works well as a solvent for it? I've tried isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, ethanol, acetone, acetic acid, water with soap, glycerine... nothing works. This stuff is highly insoluble. Can anybody help me out?

I would be VERY careful making this solution, Your dosages could be horribly inaccurate and cause you serious problems. Get some tablets,,,cheap and readily available.

WoodTiger74

Jun 14, 2009
thanks for the concern. You're right, when dealing in micrograms, one must be very careful. This is why I want to get it into solution. When in solution, the substance is evenly dispersed throughout and thus the accuracy of the dosage can be improved. The ideal way to do this with such potent substances is to use the method that is used for homeopathic preparations. You add the powder to a given amount of solvent. you then take a portion of that solution (say 5ml) and add it to 45 ml of pure solvent. Now it's 1/10th the concentration as before. You can then repeat this if you want to reduce the concentration 10 fold again.

I am a aware of how to be cautious with this material, but can anyone tell me what it will dissolve in? Thanks

usmck9

Jun 17, 2009
EAST COAST
The Merck Index

I don't know what the solubility of T3 is, but if you have access to a library you can look in the The Merck Index, or buy one online for $125!!!!. In any event the Merck will list what T3 is most soluble in... Just a thought!