©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

toporol for hbp

kingleo

Mar 16, 2007
I have 50mg topprols and I def. Got hbp does anyone know if that is a good amount to take for that

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
I have 50mg topprols and I def. Got hbp does anyone know if that is a good amount to take for that

Toprol is a beta-blocker. i take it you have toprol xl 50mg's. they would be round, white, scored with an alpha A on them. they make them in 25, 50, and 100mgs. initial dosage is usually 25-100mgs. 50mg is a safe start, i wouldnt go any higher to start, but you gotta monitor your bp!!! you know there are 5 catorgories of bp meds. why did you pick beta-blockers? usually most docs will start out with an ACE inhibitor. Thats what i take. Its good on your kidneys. heres some info that may help you. Just be careful, high BP should not be fucked with and in my opinion you really shouldnt self medicate bp meds. Just monitor yourself if you do. You can do some major damage if your not careful.
Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors
These are often preferred by healthcare providers for people with diabetes, because the medication has fewer side effects, does not affect blood sugar levels and provides additional kidney protection. ACE inhibitors expand blood vessels and decrease resistance, which lets blood flow more easily and makes the heart's work easier or more efficient. ACE inhibitors are used to treat symptoms of heart failure and to lower blood pressure. Your healthcare provider may perform blood tests to make sure there are no effects on your potassium levels or kidneys.

Side Effects:

Dry cough
Rash or itching
Allergy-like symptoms
Allergic reaction with generalized swelling (angioedema)
Excess potassium in the body (hyperkalemia), especially in people with kidney failure
Commonly prescribed ACE inhibitors include:

Benazepril (Lotensin)*
Enalapril (Vasotec)*
Fosinopril (Monopril)*
Lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril)*
Moexipril (Univasc)*
Perindopril (Aceon)*
Quinapril (Accupril)*
Ramipril (Altace)*
Trandolapril (Mavik)*
Diuretics
Diuretics lower blood pressure by causing the body to rid itself of excess fluids and sodium through urination. If diuretics alone don't bring the desired effects, they may be combined with other blood pressure medications. In people with diabetes, diuretic drugs may increase the blood sugar level. A change in drug, diet, insulin or oral antidiabetic dosage corrects this in most cases. Your doctor can change your treatment. Most of the time the degree of increase in blood sugar doesn't change much.

Some of these drugs may decrease your body's supply of a mineral called potassium. Eating foods containing potassium may help prevent significant potassium loss. You can prevent potassium loss by taking a liquid or tablet that has potassium along with the diuretic, if your doctor recommends it.

Side Effects:

Fatigue
Leg cramping
Decreased potassium levels
Some commonly prescribed diuretics include:

Amiloride (Midamor)*
Bumetanide (Bumex)*
Chlorothiazide (Diuril)*
Chlorthalidone (Hygroton)*
Furosemide (Lasix)*
Hydrochlorothiazide (Esidrix, Hydrodiuril)*
Indapamide (Lozol)*
Spironolactone (Aldactone)*
Beta Blockers
Beta blockers decrease the heart rate and cardiac output, which lowers blood pressure. They're also used with therapy for cardiac arrhythmias and in treating angina pectoris.

For people with diabetes, beta blockers may hide some of the warning signs of low blood sugar. When you take a beta blocker, your heart rate may not increase in response to a low blood sugar level. You will need to check your blood sugar levels carefully after you start taking a beta blocker. If you have low blood sugar often, your doctor may want to change the dosages of your diabetes medicine.

Side effects:

Insomnia
Cold hands and feet
Fatigue
Depression
Slow heartbeat
Symptoms of asthma
Some commonly prescribed medications include:

Atenolol (Tenormin)*
Betaxolol (Kerlone)*
Bisoprolol/hydrochlorothiazide (Ziac)*
Bisoprolol (Zebeta)*
Carteolol (Cartrol)*
InsoAcebutolol (Sectral)*
Metoprolol (Lopressor, Toprol XL)*
Nadolol (Corgard)*
Propranolol (Inderal)*
Sotalol (Betapace)*
Timolol (Blocadren)*
Angiotensin-2 Receptor Antagonists
Angiotensin-2 (AT-2) receptor antagonists have been shown to produce effects similar to those produced by ACE inhibitors. They may be better tolerated because they produce less cough. Rather than lowering levels of angiotensin II (as ACE inhibitors do), angiotensin II receptor blockers prevent this chemical from having any effects on the heart and blood vessels. This keeps blood pressure from rising.

For people with diabetes, this medication is often preferred because of the extra protection for the kidneys.

Side effects:

Dizziness/Lightheadedness
Decreased kidney function
Increased potassium levels
Some common products in this category include:

Candesartan (Atacand)*
Eprosartan (Teveten)*
Irbesartan (Avapro)*
Losartan (Cozaar)*
Telmisartan (Micardis)*
Valsartan (Diovan)*
Calcium Channel Blockers
Calcium channel blockers, also known as "calcium antagonists," interrupt the movement of calcium into heart and vessel cells. Besides being used to treat high blood pressure, they're also used to treat angina (chest pain) and/or some arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms).

Side effects:

Constipation
Headache
Rapid heartbeat
Rash
Drowsiness
Nausea
Swelling in the feet and legs
Some commonly prescribed calcium channel blockers include:

Amlodipine (Norvasc, Lotrel)*
Bepridil (Vascor)*
Diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac)*
Felodipine (Plendil)*
Nifedipine (Adalat, Procardia)*
Nimodipine (Nimotop)*
Nisoldipine (Sular)*
Verapamil (Calan, Isoptin, Verelan)*

This content is reviewed regularly. Last updated 04/10/09.

kingleo

Mar 16, 2007
thanks rott and know my dad takes them so he said to take a couple if I needed them. I took 25mg and it made me deal better

kingleo

Mar 16, 2007
something

There's got to be something for the side effects of sust. I get bad headaches and just feel tired all day. Can anyone suggest something

kingleo

Mar 16, 2007
Ok

I started the cycle on week 1 with 250 sust and 210mg of dbols week 2 was 300 sust the dbol is the same amt. Week 3 was 375 sust and dbol week 4 was 500 sust and 300mg dbol now the tiredness and headaches are just bringin me down and I feel like shit till I take a toporol. If I inject Mon then I feel really tired that night then some of tuesday ESP the night time of tuesday I have to take a pill. Is that ok to just take toporol for Mon thru wed Thursday thru Sunday I'm fine

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
I started the cycle on week 1 with 250 sust and 210mg of dbols week 2 was 300 sust the dbol is the same amt. Week 3 was 375 sust and dbol week 4 was 500 sust and 300mg dbol now the tiredness and headaches are just bringin me down and I feel like shit till I take a toporol. If I inject Mon then I feel really tired that night then some of tuesday ESP the night time of tuesday I have to take a pill. Is that ok to just take toporol for Mon thru wed Thursday thru Sunday I'm fine

I hope your not taking 210mg and 300mgs of dbol! Testosterone gives you energy and a sense of well being, honestly i think you have an underlying problem cause it should not be the gear. BP meds arent to just take when you feel like it. Either your on them or not. Do you really want to take a beta blocker? they slow your heart rate and cardiac output. I wouldnt go that route when working out hard. The symptoms you describe are also symptoms of hypoglycemia. You could also have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) Do you have any other symptoms. Red faced, deep thirst, aches and pains, rapid heart beat, fuzzy brain, irratable??? if you drink alcohol while on cycle that can fuck your blood sugar up. I'm no doctor, but like i said before you shouldnt self medicate blood pressure medicine.

kingleo

Mar 16, 2007
Yes I have all the symptoms of cfs But I never drink while I'm on a cycle and I don't have these symptoms when I'm off the juice.