©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

the best protein

rebhchad

Jun 27, 2004
what is the best protein you bros have ever used? im taking some ON's pro complex right now. it has over 13 grams of bcaa's, lactase and other digestive enzymes, more than 8 grams of glutamine, glutamine peptides, & glutamine precursors, and also 55g of protein per serving :) . and it also taste good ;) was just wondering what you guys used as a protein source.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
I usually use Supreme Whey, or Deluxe Whey, as it's $25 for 2.2lbs at my local supp shop. Its 20g Protein per scoop, 1 gram fat, and 2.5g carbs, so it works great as a protein source, without fucking my diet up, as I eat a certain ratio of proteins, fats and carbs per day. ON sounds like some good stuff, how much is it brah?

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
Optimum is my usual and is probably the best out there for the price, however, allthewhey.com has damn good protein at a great price also.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
What about taste. The stuff i just bought(6 pounds of it :( ) Tastes HORRIBLE, to the point where i want to gag. What should i go with next for taste?

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
dugie82 said:
What about taste. The stuff i just bought(6 pounds of it :( ) Tastes HORRIBLE, to the point where i want to gag. What should i go with next for taste?

What kind are you talking about? Optimum and alltheway.com are great!

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
I just ordered 10lbs worth of Unflavored whey. The site looks kinda amaturish but oh well...thanks jsjs...
rather get tasteless because i get sick of all the flavors quick!! ...i want to mix it with gatorade!! :D

Last edited:

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
shamrock10 said:
I just ordered 10lbs worth of Unflavored whey. The site looks kinda amaturish but oh well...thanks jsjs...
rather get tasteless because i get sick of all the flavors quick!! ...i want to mix it with gatorade!! :D

Don't worry, their protein is top grade shit bro.

adrenaline

Nov 19, 2004
rebhchad said:
what is the best protein you bros have ever used? im taking some ON's pro complex right now. it has over 13 grams of bcaa's, lactase and other digestive enzymes, more than 8 grams of glutamine, glutamine peptides, & glutamine precursors, and also 55g of protein per serving :) . and it also taste good ;) was just wondering what you guys used as a protein source.

55g of protein per serving that must be like drinking cement :eek:

P

pincrusher

allthewhey is a great source for protein but i recently found an even better one out there and now buy it in bulk. try www.trueprotein.com for all your protein needs. it is run by the man doggcrapp himself for those of you who know who he is. they do custom blends as well as having premixed specials.

JoshF56

Aug 6, 2005
adrenaline said:

Isopure has 50 and it tastes fine. Thats what I use. Smoothie Factory has it for pretty cheap compared to other places.

frostdaddy

Nov 3, 2005
I've used ON's Pro Complex multiple times and I love it. It may not be the best for the money but it is the best I have tasted so far. It also mixes really well(don't even have to use a blender). It does have 55g per serving but a serving is 2 scoops when most are only 1(I think they tried to be tricky). Oh and I wouldn't recomend buying it at any supplement shop, retails for like $70 for 2.2 lbs. I usually order it online for about $35. I know that's not too good of a price for protein ,but I like the taste so much that I am willing to pay it.

Anyway those are my two cents.

tampajay70

Jul 22, 2005
Canada, EH
RE: Best protein

try and add some Hemp protein to your daily protein regime and see what happens. Did wonders for me, and no more stomach bloat...

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
beef

My favorite protein is beef--hamburgers mixed with curry powder, roast beef (cooked in a pressure cooker), & steak. If I had one of those sweet ass deli-style meat slicers I think I would carry around slices of roast beef to replace these egg white snacks that I'm so tired of. Protein powder is convenient though. Its always in my car when I need it.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
I'm using nutrisport 90+ protien at the mo, got 5kg tub for £45, its massive tastes really good too. Half serving has 45g of protien in it, just not sure how good the quality is! Always a bit dubious when something is quite cheap but has loads of protien in it, call me a cynic!

UpNorth

Mar 4, 2006
adrenaline said:

I think the body can only metabolize a certain % of protein at a time, and then you're risking kidney problems. Again, only what I've read and heard.

Too Small

Mar 20, 2006
I'm using ON 100% Whey. I just picked up 2lbs for $12.95. They have A LOT of flavors. I use the Vanilla Cream.