©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

working out while being pregnant

taskoo

Apr 27, 2011
Girls..
My girlfriend is pregnant and now doesn't know what she can keep doing. She's doing long 30-40 minute runs and the 3 way split weights routine I'd given her using the machines in the gym. What can she do and for how long i.e how far into the pregnancy. Any help will be very appreciated !

tyra10

Apr 28, 2011
Girls..
My girlfriend is pregnant and now doesn't know what she can keep doing. She's doing long 30-40 minute runs and the 3 way split weights routine I'd given her using the machines in the gym. What can she do and for how long i.e how far into the pregnancy. Any help will be very appreciated !

She could swap to swimming as she gets larger, also light weights should be ok for her with higher reps but must to avoid the larger movements like squats

Congratulation !

anton88

Apr 27, 2011
Congratulation bro. My girlfriend was able to do something almost all way. the doctor's advice is the best , she should to listen to her body and do what she feels comfortable with..

tyra10

Apr 28, 2011
I think that walking on an incline would be a good thing. Just thinking about steadiness on her feet..

rebecca

May 9, 2011
Girls..

I'd prevent any abs exercises and anything that puts pressure on the lower back as she gets bigger. brisk walking on an incline might be more favorable just to be safe. Also, I think she not supposed to do lift that involve raising her arms above her head, anyway , congratulations and good luck with her pregnancy !

lisapeet

Sep 17, 2010
everyone is different and it depends greatly on the individual and on how much weight she gain.
like anton88 said the doctor is the best able to give you advice

Jello

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 17, 2008
Definitely talk with your doctor about any exercise routine she should be doing, don't want to chance anything.