©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

barbell dumbell

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Do you believe the saying "Barbells make you big, dumbells make you strong." The stronger I get, the more difficult it is for me to workout alone with barbells. Chest is a pain in the ass. I find myself doing high reps low weight in the absensce of a spotter.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
i know wut your saying, i have the same experience, i think dumbells help you get stronger because they also require your body to use stabalizer mucsles when you work out with them especially in heavy movements live press's. personally i like the dumbells better because i hurt my shoulder and it doesnt alwasy want to move the same way my other arm does.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I noticed that by using DB more often for flat bench i can't do as much as i used to using a BB. I can use the DB 120 lbs for flat with no problem but when it comes to flat BB i'm like where's my strength...just doesn't balance out.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
oracle said:
I noticed that by using DB more often for flat bench i can't do as much as i used to using a BB. I can use the DB 120 lbs for flat with no problem but when it comes to flat BB i'm like where's my strength...just doesn't balance out.
I get the same problem...

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
its hard when you don't have a spot to do a decent press with bb's.........can't go all out and that sucks....i often have this probelem and end up low weight high reps.....or useing a machine....god forbid :sniper:

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
I honestly feel more of a pump when using dumbells on my chest workout...Don't know why that is but it feels as if I'm creating more of pump that way

P

pincrusher

i started using a system where i do double sets, one with a barbell and the second with dumbells. i will take the barbell set to almost failure then jump on the other bench and do a set of heavy dumbells to failure. it has really created some sore muscles the last few workouts and i seem to see a difference with this system. use whatever methods work for you and not just what works for others.