©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Calve Exercises?

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
Anyone know any really affective calve workouts, they really come into play when it comes to speed, not tomention i wouldnt mind haven'm a lil bigger for the looks , but, i cant find any really affective exercises for them, so i was wonderin if you guys could help me come up with a small routine i can add to my squat day, or my powerclean day which ever is suited better.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Calve raises on leg press. Stack a bunch of plates under smith machine, stand on them, calve raises. Or you could give up football and play a real sport, futbol. J/k
I played soccer for 17 years and never worked out my calves and they're pretty big.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
lol yeah soccer is pretty tight i played goaly when i was younger for about 2 years but i jus love the contact of football, one place besides the boxing ring you can really try to kill someone, but yeah the calves are jusa hard muscle to get goin been workin on them for a while, but im not sure whether you can do low reps high wait for them or theyu should strictly stay with high reps

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I have compartment syndrome in both calves so i don't work them too hard. but i normally just use the calf machine.

wacobeshears

Jan 8, 2005
In a town near you.
Diesel said:
one place besides the boxing ring you can really try to kill someone, but yeah the calves are jusa hard muscle to get goin been workin on them for a while,

I've been boxing since 12 and my calves are still lacking, and boxing is not about trying to kill somebody it's more stratigic. Don't get me wrong ever punch should try to make your opponent cut a back flip, but if all you do when you enter the ring is try to kill the person in front of you, you are more than likely going to be starring at the ceiling by the 2nd round.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Donkey raises are best for building mass in the calves. You always need to go as heavy as possible with calves - work with enough weight to match your bodyweight or more. More is better, of course. Calves are better trained on a day without any other leg work.

wacobeshears

Jan 8, 2005
In a town near you.
i found it works best to mix it up constantly. Some days go high reps start with 50 reps and rest 10-15 seconds and continue to the next set until you can only press out about 5. Some days load up so heavy that you can only press out about 4 reps wait a few minutes and go again. I think it has already been stated but my calves were so lacking I lifted on them on a day with abs, or shoulders, so that I could allow a lot of time to focus on destroying my calves. Also lift on calves more than once a week. A lot of mental focus on the calves helps. I found for myself a lot of times I would be cranking out reps but not really concentrating on the full extension or contracting the muscle itself. Once I started really focusing on the stretch and exagerating the concentration did I start noticing growth. Don't get me wrong my calves have a long way to go but I have started making gains. Boxing tends to make the body a metabolism phenomena, it takes awhile to get reprogramed.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
chris 1 said:
My clave kill me when I jump rope. They blow up like balloons.

That's what mine does...but it cuts off the blood circulation and my feet swell up and go numb...so i had to have surgery to release the compartment in both. Since their are several compartments 1 surgery doesn't always fix the problem. Your calves are like chicken legs..because that thin layer of skin that covers it is what doesn't allow you calves to expand and it needs to be cut to allow it room or you'll end up getting what i got.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
hey thanx guys this really helps, oh yea and i know about the boxing thing, i started boxing about six months ago, i jus ment that like its more or less i a very physical contact sport, unlike basket ball, soccer, baseball stuff like that you know. id really like to get a trainer that knows what hes doin, but for know me and my best freind train eachother, we spar, hita heavy bag, and jumprope and condition, ive boxed a couple people, one boy hit hard as hell but i knocked his ass straight the fuck down cause he couldnt take many hits. but anyway thanx guys for the advice.