©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mast enan held-now crashed

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Fairly experienced in brewing. This is first time brewing mast enan. Brewed at 2%ba, 18%bb, 10% eo, rest gso. All held for several wks. Now it's like small particles are floating (hormone). All I can think of is slight temp change where my gear is stored. But none of my other gear has crashed (Tne, npp, others).

I took one vial and reheated. This prob fixed it 90%. The next day when I looked at vial, all of the oil is extremely cloudy.

Before crashing, the gear worked fine, smooth, no pip.

Any ideas?

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
This is common this time of year. Ive seen this on several forums this week. The temperature change is def the culprit. How strong did you make it? 250mgs/ml?

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
This is common this time of year. Ive seen this on several forums this week. The temperature change is def the culprit. How strong did you make it? 250mgs/ml?

Yes I would ask where was it stored after completion?

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
It was made at 200mg/ml. That's what's got me puzzled, it's not high concentrate. It was stored in closet. I keep my house at 72. Without going in details, the temps here have been from 50-70's. I know it's cooler in the closet due to door being shut. Yet, it's a low concentrate and none of my other gear is affected.

Oddly, I believe it's temp. But then, what about the vial I reheated? I left it on kitchen counter and it crashed.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Maybe it's due to only 18 not 20%bb.? Some chemistrys a fine art and I imagine slight changes can effect it. Just thinking outloud cause the fine particles are odd.hope you made just a small amount to get this situated..

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
It was made at 200mg/ml. That's what's got me puzzled, it's not high concentrate. It was stored in closet. I keep my house at 72. Without going in details, the temps here have been from 50-70's. I know it's cooler in the closet due to door being shut. Yet, it's a low concentrate and none of my other gear is affected.

Oddly, I believe it's temp. But then, what about the vial I reheated? I left it on kitchen counter and it crashed.

When you reheated the vial, you said it fixed it 90%. That sounds to me like maybe you didnt reheat it enough. How did you reheat it?
I would try reheating it again.
Try turning on your coffee maker, after the plate has warmed up, set the vial on the hot plate for 2-3 minutes. I think this will heat it more than hot water and maybe more than a hair dryer. But not so much that you need to put a vent in it. Let us know if that fixes it.

billyboy72

Dec 8, 2012
When you reheated the vial, you said it fixed it 90%. That sounds to me like maybe you didnt reheat it enough. How did you reheat it?
I would try reheating it again.
Try turning on your coffee maker, after the plate has warmed up, set the vial on the hot plate for 2-3 minutes. I think this will heat it more than hot water and maybe more than a hair dryer. But not so much that you need to put a vent in it. Let us know if that fixes it.

Good idea. I would never think to use the coffee maker as a hot plate!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Great .. You guys jinxed my mast. It now has cloudy swirl like action goin on inside the jug.. I got my heating pad out to make it cozy for the am .glass directly on hot plate scare me, if jars are not legit ones that don't crack.. Think the number on bottom of some vials is the clue to style???