©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

BA and BB a controlled substance?

FFighter620

Dec 30, 2012
I know this might sound stupid to some of you vets but is BA, BB, EO and such considered a controlled or "watched" substance?

I'm not asking for sources, just if I should be concerned when purchasing?

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I do not believe they are on any controlled or watch list for product purchasing?

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Yeah they are perfectly fine to buy. You wont find them at the average store though..Most places online sell them, and they are also used in making things like soap and other skin care products etc..

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
:yeahthat: It pisses me off that bacteriostatic water needs a prescription now:mad:

Screw that dudcki. For say 7$ you can make a gallon at home.. And flip off the pharmacy as you drive by brutha.. U need the know how? Lol. Similar to using easy bake oven.. Zero brain needed..

Same with acetic acid.. Cheep Cheep

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
:yeahthat: It pisses me off that bacteriostatic water needs a prescription now:mad:

You used to be able to buy at pharmacy? I didnt know. I wonder if they put the restriction on it because of the shortage?
As Ironbuilt said, its easy to make. But i always thought it was cheaper to buy premade compared to buying a syringe filter, a vial, some BA, etc.
It makes sense only if you make atleast 100ml.
When the shortage hit, i just bought a bunch of sterile water vials, then added the BA myself. It was still very cheap that way.
I did the same for sodium chloride.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
You used to be able to buy at pharmacy? I didnt know. I wonder if they put the restriction on it because of the shortage?
As Ironbuilt said, its easy to make. But i always thought it was cheaper to buy premade compared to buying a syringe filter, a vial, some BA, etc.
It makes sense only if you make atleast 100ml.
When the shortage hit, i just bought a bunch of sterile water vials, then added the BA myself. It was still very cheap that way.
I did the same for sodium chloride.

Well you couldn't goto pharmacy and get it but places that sold pins were able to sell it as well. I used to be able to get 30mls for $7