©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A couple filter questions

bloodshed

Oct 29, 2012
Hey, so this will be my first time homebrewing, and I had some questions in regards to filtering that I couldn't find here(unless I'm blind).

I plan on using a vacuum filter opposed to syringe filters, but most the info I see here is in regards to the syringe filters. I already ordered a 500ml Nalgene Nylon Membrane Complete Filter - 0.2 pore for filtering the oil, and then a 250ml Whatman Klari-Flex Complete Filter System - 0.45 to filter the finished product. were these good choices? I'm reading about zap caps now, so I'm curious if I should use those instead.

Also i've heard mention elsewhere of prefilters. How are these used, and are they even necessary?

colochine

Oct 28, 2012
What are you brewing? Those will do the job for most things not containing guaiacol.

bloodshed

Oct 29, 2012
Test e, tren e and mast e for now. I have ordered cottonseed oil, BB and BA for it, but I'm thinking about using MCT oil instead. In the future I plan on trying out some EO blends. would those be OK for that as well?