©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

OTC Transdermal

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
Is there any good over the counter transdermal product available other then PLO gel? I would like to make up a batch but would like to use a product so that I can just add my own active ingredient.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
Pure DMSO would be a little strong I think. I was looking more for something along the lines of a multi ingredient agent with good transdermal qualities. I use to get a product but it has been discontinued for some time.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Of you're trying to stay away from DMSO.. Go over to mindandmuscle.net and do a search ... They have talked about this at length and that would be a great place to research this

Pignus

Nov 8, 2012
Pure DMSO would be a little strong I think. I was looking more for something along the lines of a multi ingredient agent with good transdermal qualities. I use to get a product but it has been discontinued for some time.

Why wouldn't you use DMSO? I have never seen pure dmso either, I've seen 90% but most is a 70/30 mix. DMSO will allow a greater percent of bioavailability of your active ingredient. An inherent problem with transdermal carriers is there inefficiency at delivering high percentages of the active ingredients.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
i started using DMSO back in the early 80's for healing connective tissue as that was it's big use back then. so i don't have a problem with it. so i am looking for a product that is already made up as i would prefer not to fabricate my own, i have done it in the past. and could again if i had to. i have found DMSO to be a little irritating to the skin at times etc. just looking for a no hassle transderam that is effective.