©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Powders101 & other conv gurus...

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
Ok so I was thinking, since EO destroys the large bottle top filters, what is your opinion on making a batch with everything as usual BUT once it has been filtered then add my % of EO and shake figorously for a few minutes so it is blended well. Using syringe filter to filter 200-500mls is very time consuming even with the use of a caulking gun.

Thanks fellas.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Ok so I was thinking, since EO destroys the large bottle top filters, what is your opinion on making a batch with everything as usual BUT once it has been filtered then add my % of EO and shake figorously for a few minutes so it is blended well. Using syringe filter to filter 200-500mls is very time consuming even with the use of a caulking gun.

Thanks fellas.

I would not do that. You need to filter your eo too. Most eo suppliers state that they rebottle the EO, therefore you need to treat it as unfiltered material. Why dont you just leave the EO out? Is it high mg or a painful solution you are researching?

colochine

Oct 28, 2012
Also I've used 100% EO with a PES filter ad did not have issues. The oil is always cooled room temp when filtered though.

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013

Thanks fellas.

you want to use pvdf membrane ,btw how long (estimate) does it take you to filter that much with caulk gun, ballpark

stayinfit

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated.

With the caulking gun I haven't really timed it, but it is definitely faster than manually pressing down the syringe. One could have 2-3 or more things going at the same time if you wanted...course you'd need more guns. :)

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
The only time ive researched EO, ive used in conjunction with guaicol. One of those two will melt through a PES filter within minutes.