©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

life of a syringe filter

wideback

Mar 1, 2013
Golds gym
How many 10ml bottles do you fill using 1/ .22 syringe filter? Ive been changing filters every 4/10ml bottles, which can get expensive, but want to make sure my gear is clean, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Typical is 100ml per filter bro. I've pushed to 150 and.no problem I've also back washed with heet alcohol and let dry over night when at a locale with no mail service .worked like a champ.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Wow 10 bottles a filter, that will cut filter cost in half, thanx ironbuilt, gona def. Do that Bro.!

Yeah I know what u mean. Price has gone up like everything lab wise and when u don't have and you need then u get out the one u back flushes with heet (methyl alcohol ) that's been in sterilized jar drying.no germ can survive heet..last resort of course but I've done many times .ib..just for personal use of course.

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I've not had great luck with syringe filters. Things get tough mashing the plunger even going down to a 5ml syringe.

Take the leap and go bottle top!! Other than the pump ($45ish) it's not much more expensive. You can grab a "zap cap" filter (15?) and filter 500ml. Then if you have more hormone ready, you can use the filter 3 more times. That's 2,000ml total you can filter. Remember filter cost is about $15.

Cheaper and easier on you!

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I've not had great luck with syringe filters. Things get tough mashing the plunger even going down to a 5ml syringe.

Take the leap and go bottle top!! Other than the pump ($45ish) it's not much more expensive. You can grab a "zap cap" filter (15?) and filter 500ml. Then if you have more hormone ready, you can use the filter 3 more times. That's 2,000ml total you can filter. Remember filter cost is about $15.

Cheaper and easier on you!

For sure, I agree.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Whatman filters 100-200ml fine

Milipore 50-75 if it doesnt crack on you.

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
there is no typical number when it comes to just how long they last.. One thing you can not control is the purity of your powders. There are way too many factories now making steroid powders with less than adequate standards when it comes to refinement of the powders. So the purity is down, even though they may claim otherwise. This is most definitely evident when it comes to filtering your end product. Whereas the days of old, when there were just a few companies with stringent guidelines when producing steroid powders. Their powders were much more pure and a filter would could be used much longer before it would clog.

as for syringe filters.. a few of us have come up with gadgets over the years like the caulking gun, forced gravity fed ..

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
Wow 10 bottles a filter, that will cut filter cost in half, thanx ironbuilt, gona def. Do that Bro.!

if you want to make life easier bro get a 100ml vial ,60cc syringe ,filter in one vial ,then split em in 10ml vials, i dont know if thats how you do it but filtering in 10ml vials is a huge pain

bag1980

Mar 17, 2013
oh btw in 60cc syringe only draw 40mls at time ,you could even use caulk gun if using syringe filters ,draw oil to 40cc then draw air to the 60 mark that will help if using a caulk gun, the way you made it sound that your filtering 10mls then removing the filter and just repeating the process, make life easier on yourself ,or better yet get a hand vaccum pump like someone already suggested, good luck

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
i use mine till they start to clog/become difficult to use. not worth blowing a hole through one. filters are cheaper then dealing with in infection or worse.