©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Testing the purity of Powders?

billyboy72

Dec 8, 2012
Haven't been in the game long, but, I have gotten a couple of TestE raws from a couple of different sources.

The first was in hard melted chunks. I have since brewed, never, done any sort of melting point testing, but, I feel it's working.

The second source's TestE powder is very fine powder. Worrying me a bit. None of it seemed to have melted at all.

Are there any independent labs that do powder testing? Also, how are people running melting point tests in their home? Heating water? The melting for TestE is 90-100 degrees, how, do I keep this temp constant?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
No such tests performed in USA bro ..remember its a class 1 LE situation .Germany you can for a lot of money..A crude melt test is in ones baking oven but I dont think they go down as far as 100degree only 140..sounds like you got ripped off but not for certain.te is soft somewhat.post a pic of some on a plate
Ib

Turn on oven low at it can go put some in .it should flash melt quick as a very crude test..maybe u got dbol powder .

Last edited:

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Iv had 2 test'e samples from 2 difrent sources, the 1st was sticky as if it had started to melt in the bag during transfer,

the 2nd was like hard candle wax. I know ppl who have used both sources and say there aas is spot on.

Maybe the hard stuff is just the test'e that's melted during deliver, from china that's a few thousand miles travel.... then solidifying again into a hard lump not powder.

kinglewy

Apr 3, 2013
I got test e one time that arrived as a powder, I made a batch and put it up for a few months. When I looked at the raw again a few months later it was like a waxy liquid form, it had changed form while in my closet, im guessing it was the temperature change because I ordered it in winter.

billyboy72

Dec 8, 2012
I sent IB some pics and explained that when I went to cut the vacuum seal, the powder was hard and semi melted together. That made me feel better.

I turned on the oven to it's lowest setting 170degrees. I put chunks from both sources in the oven. They were both melted into liquid, but, it was not a "flash" melt. They both took about 5min to melt completely.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
The best test is to make 10ml and use it tbh, if your going to doubt every raw you get you will be on forever.

If you put your ba and bb in on test e it shud start to melt straight away, as a bove me and another have gettn wax looking test e,

Sounds like its melted and that down to its low melting point, if you put some on your hand and squeeze it the heat from your hand will start to melt it and make a sticky mess. If its the hard wax type then rub it between your fingers, the friction will start to melt it, your body is 36oC I think, hands possibly abit cooler depending on the weather, but if your warm you should be hot enough to make it go sticky.

billyboy72

Dec 8, 2012
The best test is to make 10ml and use it tbh, if your going to doubt every raw you get you will be on forever.

If you put your ba and bb in on test e it shud start to melt straight away, as a bove me and another have gettn wax looking test e,

Sounds like its melted and that down to its low melting point, if you put some on your hand and squeeze it the heat from your hand will start to melt it and make a sticky mess. If its the hard wax type then rub it between your fingers, the friction will start to melt it, your body is 36oC I think, hands possibly abit cooler depending on the weather, but if your warm you should be hot enough to make it go sticky.
You're rock in out some good posts!