©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

first timer - making sure i have everything right.

zezazi

Jan 27, 2013
Hey guys.

It'll be my first time homebrewing. I did a lot of research, read countless threads so much that i can't read anymore and I think im ready to get started. I'm only going to be brewing 100mL which is why i opted for a syringe filter.

My materials:
Watman .45 Syringe Filter
60mL Terumo luer lock syringe
20g 1.5in needle
25g 1in needle
BA, BB, GSO
Sterile Vials
Beaker
Powder.

This is the process I have lined out for me.

Setup a water bath. Pour some water in a pot, set it to medium high heat.
Mix the BA, BB, GSO, and powder inside the beaker (sterilized by baking in oven). I will be brewing 100mL of 100mg/mL tren. My recipe is : 2mL BA | 20mL BB | 70mL GSO | 10g tren. Use only 68mL of GSO, save 2mL.
Stir until all the powder is dissolved. Take out of water bath.
Connect the syringe filter into the 20g needle, put into the sterile vial. Put another 25g needle into the sterile vial, make sure it's above the 20g needle so that no oil comes out. The 25g needle acts as a air duct.
Draw 60mL from beaker into syringe, connect to the whatman filter, push through gently. Draw the rest from beaker into syringe, repeat. Then use the 2mL remaining oil and push it through the syringe filter to make sure I have all the tren.

Is that it? Am I missing anything?

zezazi

Jan 27, 2013
i've already searched through everything and read almost every thread in here i just wanted to know if i was missing anything.

meterman5

Feb 5, 2013
I am a journeymen for at this and if you used basskillers page for the conversions then you should be good to go. It all looks good except for two things.

1- Don't think you have to sterilize the beaker as opposed to just wiping it out with alcohol and making sure its clean as the real sterilization process is through the filter.

2- My personnel preference and not "mandatory" I switched from using .45 to .22. The reasons have been covered in your research.

My experience make sure the oil isn't to hot when passing through the syringe filter as you can literally melt the filter or it messes with the integrity of the seal on the luer lock. I lost 26ml of tren on a 100ml batch from that a few months ago and that was the last straw that made me go to bottle top.

Also if you have a caulking gun it's going to save some serious hand cramping even with a .45. I would also advise not to load the full 60 at once. I had better results when I would run about 30ml at a time. Good luck man you have 99% of it and should be fine. Have fun with home chemistry :).