©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

skinnyass biceps

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
Ok, I've made alot of progress since discovering
this site, and thanx to the bros who helped me.
I'm happy with the gains to my chest and shoulders,
but I've always had skinny arms. Although I do see the
difference on my first cycle, I can't seem to get a"peak"
in my biceps, they just look bloated.
How do you get that ball to pop?
check out the pic (if you're bored)
and make a suggestion. Thanx

current bicep routine:
ez curl bar (wide & tight)
dumbell curls
pullups

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Couple things I suggest:

1. When doing dumbell curls, twist the weight out at peak contraction
2. Make sure you do 4 total bicep exercises
3. Add preacher curls
4. Add straight bar curls
5. Mix it up after 4-6 weeks with new exercises

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I do this excercise where i take a ez curl bar. Stand with my back against something. Starting from the bottom position i curl the bar to my midsection and stop. Then i go back to the start position for 10 reps. Once i get to 10 i bring the bar all the way to the top and lower the bar to my midsection and bring it back up and i do this for an additional 10. I do 3 sets with heavy enough weight to complete all 20 reps. .

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Do dumbell curls on an incline bench, and I also like to use the cable with the appropriate handle to really get a good negative. Also...rember 2/3 of the relative mass in the arms is in the triceps. Your Tri's can get much larger than your Bi's. One last suggestion is isometrics. Just flexing your Bi's (and all your muscles for that matter) can help increase definition.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Freejay said:
One last suggestion is isometrics. Just flexing your Bi's (and all your muscles for that matter) can help increase definition.

I remember doing this in high school. I would put my hands under my desk like i'm in a curl position and flex against it and hold for a few seconds. Don't know if it worked but it past time by in class.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Superman curls on cable machine. These worked great for me. Check out my pics. Also, I would add straight bar curls.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Peak is a lot about genetic shape, but I noticed I developed more of a peak when I quit using the barbell and concentrated more on dumbbells.
My Biceps routine looks like this.

1st exercise - alternating dumbbell curls. This is my power move.
I do 2 warmup sets, then 3 work sets.

2nd exercise - Scott curls with and Ez curl bar
3 work sets - I'm already warmed up

3rd exercise - seated incline curls with dumbbells
3 work sets

If your bi's aren't so fried you couldn't add a forth exercise if your life depended on it, you aren't working them to failure.
Work smarter, not harder.

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
as usual, i got alot of help..thanx again
its obvious i need to change my routine, and will try these suggestions.
i can't even get a vein to show through these toothpicks.
you think its OK to train biceps every other day?
or 3 times a week....i seriously want to focus on this.
or is it possible to be genetically doomed..

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
deadlift said:
as usual, i got alot of help..thanx again
its obvious i need to change my routine, and will try these suggestions.
i can't even get a vein to show through these toothpicks.
you think its OK to train biceps every other day?
or 3 times a week....i seriously want to focus on this.
or is it possible to be genetically doomed..

Toothpicks?! You may be exaggerating just a little my friend. I don't think many of us can walk around all day looking like our biceps are constantly flexed. Your upper arm is bulky as hell. And I definitely would not say that you are "genetically doomed" although DR is correct about bicep shape being mostly genetic. If you want more definition - I suggest cutting away BF. Then maybe run a test, tren, winny cycle to gain more size and to harden up.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
This is what i use..You can have a look at my pics in the Mens Bodybuilding Photos

1) preacher curls
2) dumbell curl
3) dumbell-hammer curl

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Robin Hood said:
This is what i use..You can have a look at my pics in the Mens Bodybuilding Photos

1) preacher curls
2) dumbell curl
3) dumbell-hammer curl

Hammers are great for increasing the thickness in your arm. I love em!! I think the preachers will probably be the best for the peaks if you are really careful about form and getting a good slow negative.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I like to use the streight bar as well and get thoes pinkies turned in a bit I find for me that this feels like I am isolating the mussle a bit more , with that said I know some guys dont like this method cus it puts stress on the elbows but give it a try and make your own decision.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
max lift said:
I like to use the streight bar as well and get thoes pinkies turned in a bit I find for me that this feels like I am isolating the mussle a bit more , with that said I know some guys dont like this method cus it puts stress on the elbows but give it a try and make your own decision.

Variety it the spice of life brother!