©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

sissy wieghts

Chelle

Jan 3, 2004
USA!!
www.google.com
Today at the gym I watched a man and woman train together. She was new to it, you could tell. He was being boarder line rude to her.
He kept referring to her to "pick up your sissy weights" :angry:
She was doing the best she could, yet he kept insulting her.

Just didn't set well with me. I would bet that she won't be back :rolleyes:
He was very negative towards her - rediculing. Not a positive word came out of his mouth.

Just thought I'd pass this along. If your girls go with you or ask you to help them out - positive reenforcement will go a LOT further.

A

armani1072

i do not agree with negative critisism what so ever.

there was this one guy that would come to the same gym i go too. he was like i was when i started, overweight, he wouldn't talk to anyone. but me and my partner watched him for a couple of weeks, he was pretty dedicated but he looked pretty down or depressed all the time. after he left one day i told myself that i was gonna talk to him the next day and give him some support. but he never came back and i have not seen him since. :(

Chelle

Jan 3, 2004
USA!!
www.google.com
He looked to be in good shape too.

Here is another:

I go to a gym where a lot of Marines workout and the majority will help, answer questions, etc and are very polite.

An obese lady comes in and is very dedicated. I see her often. She uses the treadmil for about 20 minutes and the walk is slow. She looks to be giving it her all. Then she spends some time on the weight machines. This lady is severely overweight so I can imagine what she is doing is difficult for her.

I over hear a few Marines comment on her big ass. :angry: I told them, "give her a break, at least she's here!" That shut them up.

If she knew what they were saying, it would hurt her and she may not ever come back! She is an inspiration to me b/c she is setting aside how she "looks" and is trying to make a change.

I decided to tell her the next time I saw her that I'm glad to see her there and that she motivates me with her dedication. I did do this and she just lit up! :)

Encouragment goes a long way but harsh words about a persons body is damaging. I'd been so angry if she would have heard those guys and never came back.

jack hust

Banned
Dec 18, 2003
www.fitnessgeared.com
i belive with all my heart that you should allways talk positive to anyone in the gym that is mking an affort. they pay a membership to be there also, if you have rude comments about someone there than you must not be sure of yourself ex. they guys must have a small unit or low selfestem imo. everyone at the gym gets equal respect from me weather your ronnie colmen or the nutty professor we are all human and deserve love and respect ;)

Chelle

Jan 3, 2004
USA!!
www.google.com
<!--QuoteBegin-jack hust+Jan 6 2004, 07:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jack hust @ Jan 6 2004, 07:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i belive with all my heart that you should allways talk positive to anyone in the gym that is mking an affort. they pay a membership to be there also, if you have rude comments about someone there than you must not be sure of yourself ex. they guys must have a small unit or low selfestem imo. everyone at the gym gets equal respect from me weather your ronnie colmen or the nutty professor we are all human and deserve love and respect ;) [/b][/quote]
and we need YOU in gyms everywhere! :)

Leigh

Aug 15, 2004
man can I relate to that - personally I have a lot of issue with gym bullying or posturing - and so much so that the last gym I joined was female only. Not saying all men are the only culprits but...

my particular issue is with the gawking or pretending to need to work out where you are to leer n such, sometimes the gym brings in some creepy peeps...

or guys coming over to chat you up, and its uncomfortable not to mention messes with your productivity and mind set for the rest of your work out.

save it for the juice bar or something but jeepers...

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
chelle u sound like a really cool person....we have this one guy that has gone to the gym i go to and and he was really really big. he always wore purple and some of the "studs" would call him barnie, like the kids cartoon show. i got to know him and even workout with him or spot him and he is really cool. in 1 1/2 years he has lost almost 100+ lbs and he is all natural. he is down to about 265 or there abouts...