©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Superset Or Not?

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Wanted To Get Everyone's Opinion On Supersetting. If It Works For Them If So What Exercises? I've Tried A Number Of Ways However I Personally Feel That I Get Better Results Without Supersetting. Maybe There Are Some Good Combo's Out There That Work For You

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I think that supersetting is something to be done once and a while to shock your body , I dont think its a practice that you would want to include in your day to day workout , kinda like 21s which I love cus the burn is great.Everyone is diferant and this is what works for me .

P

pincrusher

i prefer drop sets over supersets. my favorite is called "down the rack" stand over the heaviest dumbells you can do 6-8 good reps on the dumbell curl and after you cant do anymore reps put them on the rack and immediately grab the next lighter pair and keep going down the rack till there are no more dumbells to use except for those chrome ones for girls(and oracle). alot of days, this will be the only set i do for biceps other than 2-3 warm up sets with a light weight. cant move my arms after this one. :)

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
max lift said:
I think that supersetting is something to be done once and a while to shock your body , I dont think its a practice that you would want to include in your day to day workout , kinda like 21s which I love cus the burn is great.Everyone is diferant and this is what works for me .

Very good point.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I like to do incline dumbbell flyes and go right into incline dumbell presses. Man that's hard to do with some weight.

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
I Like To Superset Flat Bench Dumbell And Db Flyes, And Also Incline Db Press And Db Flyes. 3 Sets 10 Each. Now That Burns

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
LITTLEME said:
I Like To Superset Flat Bench Dumbell And Db Flyes, And Also Incline Db Press And Db Flyes. 3 Sets 10 Each. Now That Burns

Copy cat....just kidding

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I also do the curls with the ez curl bar. Where you bring it up halfway for a few reps then right after that you go to the top and go half way down. Love the burn and pump.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
oracle said:
I also do the curls with the ez curl bar. Where you bring it up halfway for a few reps then right after that you go to the top and go half way down. Love the burn and pump.

Thats what a 21 is you go 7 halfway , then 7 from half to the top than 7 full curls with the ez or straight bar. with no rest between . Makes your freaking arms fall off :twisted:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
max lift said:
Thats what a 21 is you go 7 halfway , then 7 from half to the top than 7 full curls with the ez or straight bar. with no rest between . Makes your freaking arms fall off :twisted:

gotta love them

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
pincrusher said:
i prefer drop sets over supersets. my favorite is called "down the rack" stand over the heaviest dumbells you can do 6-8 good reps on the dumbell curl and after you cant do anymore reps put them on the rack and immediately grab the next lighter pair and keep going down the rack till there are no more dumbells to use except for those chrome ones for girls(and oracle). alot of days, this will be the only set i do for biceps other than 2-3 warm up sets with a light weight. cant move my arms after this one. :)

I can't remember where it was,may have been an article posted, but I think it said that the muscle can only respond to an increase in weight from set to set. In order for it to grow you must bring it past the point that the previous weight did.
Either way, I'm trying this "down the rack" on bicep day.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
pincrusher said:
except for those chrome ones for girls(and oracle).

Bro those are my Max dumbbells. Actually i've heard of this excersise but with the barbell's that are "fixed" at certain weights. In the gym i workout at it would be hard to go right to the next weight since no one puts them back in any order.