©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Wondering if i have to big of a body to compete aesthetic competitions down the road.

tyler58

Sep 1, 2013
I am about 6'6 and currently weight about 265 and i should be able to cut quite a bit more weight.

I think i would do better shooting for more of a aesthetic bodybuilding look. Along the lines of jeff seid.

Not sure if i could pull off a look like that.

I really will need a trainer.

right now I'm way far away from any of that point. and im 23

I feel so much smaller in pictures.

Thanks for all the help.

tips on sups/diet very welcome

086c9e25-abaf-4ae8-88c3-099316206c36_zps4dce07d1.jpg

0d080f0a-03d9-4a63-a20c-e3aa1188d3b5_zps88de7604.jpg

32533020-6b92-41b0-a706-156e9ae99db8_zpsd1276642.jpg

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Hey Tyler. I'm 6'1" and I noticed that over the years its taken me a lot more time to fill in that some of my shorter friends. And at your height you could probably go beast mode and be 325. But I'll tell you walking around close to 300 all the time is tough. Do you want to compete or are you just serious recreational lifter?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's really tough to be tall and into bodybuilding. You'll have to put on 30-40% more muscle than someone that's 5'10", and even then you'll never really look quite as big. The length of you limbs and torso will always throw off the perceived proportions. The one thing that will help your progress more than anything is being lean and having a tight waist. If you can build a wide back and shoulders, and keep a tight, narrow waist; you'll have a very impressive V shape to your torso which looks really incredible on a very tall guy. It's just going to take a ton of work to get there.

I'm in almost the same boat as you OP, I'm 6'4" and putting on enough muscle for anyone to even notice seems to take forever. But, once you start to see the physique you desire taking shape, it's a good feeling. And guys will start giving you wider birth in the gym, as well.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
I say build as much muscle as possible, lean out and then decide if you want to get up on that stage. Like others have stated, you are extremely tall and most of us taller guys have a disadvantage against the shorter competitors because we need to add so much more muscle on to our frames to look big on stage. You are young and have plenty of time to change your physique, but it all depends on what YOU want and YOUR goals!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Try looking up some of the taller bodybuilders to get a feeling of how much more muscle you have to put on to be competitive. I don't remember his name, but there's an IFBB pro that's 6'8", stage weight is around 325 I believe. Even though he looks fantastic in his own right, he'll never be able to compete at the highest level. He'd have to step on stage at close to 400lbs to have a chance at beating these shorter mass monsters. His legs specifically are his biggest disadvantage. He's got huge quads, but next to these short guys his quads look tiny, with no sweep.

There's a European bodybuilder named Kim Kold, he played the bad guy in the last Fast & Furious movie, and he was the main character in a movie called Teddybear(excellent movie, must see). He's 6'4", and he might be the best overall bodybuilder with that type of height I've ever seen. But, his competition weight was right at 300lbs. It's almost scary to think about how much further you have to go to be competitive when you're tall.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Try looking up some of the taller bodybuilders to get a feeling of how much more muscle you have to put on to be competitive. I don't remember his name, but there's an IFBB pro that's 6'8", stage weight is around 325 I believe. Even though he looks fantastic in his own right, he'll never be able to compete at the highest level. He'd have to step on stage at close to 400lbs to have a chance at beating these shorter mass monsters. His legs specifically are his biggest disadvantage. He's got huge quads, but next to these short guys his quads look tiny, with no sweep.

There's a European bodybuilder named Kim Kold, he played the bad guy in the last Fast & Furious movie, and he was the main character in a movie called Teddybear(excellent movie, must see). He's 6'4", and he might be the best overall bodybuilder with that type of height I've ever seen. But, his competition weight was right at 300lbs. It's almost scary to think about how much further you have to go to be competitive when you're tall.

Lol. Kim Kold is a giant!

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
There are the new NPC Men's Physique contests if you're thinking about competing in something until you fill out. It sounds kinda funny, especially since you're wearing swimming trunks down to the knee, but to each their own, right ?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
There are the new NPC Men's Physique contests if you're thinking about competing in something until you fill out. It sounds kinda funny, especially since you're wearing swimming trunks down to the knee, but to each their own, right ?

I thought they were changing the physique uniform to a boxer-brief style trunks?

Alinshop

May 20, 2013

I was going to suggest that myself!

I thought they were changing the physique uniform to a boxer-brief style trunks?

I have been hearing that for almost 2 yrs.

tyler58

Sep 1, 2013
Thank you all for the responses. I have always been a really heavy guy before I cut wayyyy to hard an fast I was 298 now I stay about 265.

I feel like my legs are bigger since I have been off my diet for about 6 months.

I kinda changed up my routine from the last time I was changing in hopes of not loosing too much muscle.

I would like to be able to get with a trainer with my long work hours to get things going in the right direction.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Im a 6'4" tall guy too. It takes along time to add muscle to our frames supplements or not ,we are large people. we are made for picking fruit and giving to the short people. Back in the day it got you laid.....LOL take your time and do it right. at 6'6 you are already a monster!