©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What do you think of this TRT protocol?

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
Finally found a doctor who realizes that my testosterone levels suck and is willing to treat me. I have never used AAS or been on TRT. Here is what he recommended:

100mg/week test cyp
500iu EOD hCG

He said that he will prescribe Anastrazole if it's needed, but doesn't think that I'll have any issues on this protocol.

Does the hCG dose sound ok to you guys? Looks a bit higher than most protocols, but what do I know?

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
I'm surprised he's using both and at that dose of hcg. Some doctors will use hcg first and alone to see if it'll do the job. My endocrinologist just gives me the 100mgs a week of cyp.

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
I'm surprised he's using both and at that dose of hcg. Some doctors will use hcg first and alone to see if it'll do the job. My endocrinologist just gives me the 100mgs a week of cyp.

The reason he's being so aggressive with the hCG is to ensure that I remain fertile. I have no clue what dose is needed to achieve that, and I'm sure everybody responds differently to the drug.

Do you think that's too much hCG to start out with? Would it be smarter to talk to him about starting a bit lower and working our way up if necessary?

Would 500 IU 3x/week lead to E2 issues or other side effects?

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
With that much hcg, I will guess your e2 will be elevated. How much is patient dependent. Just make sure he tests for e2 when you go in for bloods.

Thanks.

Do you think I should talk to him about lowering the dose before I get started? I'd like to avoid E2 issues if I can.

If I'm able to stay fertile at a lower dose I'd prefer to do that.

Is there a benefit to dosing hCG 3x/week as opposed to 2x/week?

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
How long do you need to be fertile? Clinically, your hcg is not that high. For hypogonadism 500-1000mcg 3x/wk for 3 weeks is common and the dropping to 2 times a week @ the same dose. Go with it and see what your bloods say. Like I'm said, I'm sure they are elevated, but may still be in range.

Hydranted

Sep 1, 2014
How long do you need to be fertile? Clinically, your hcg is not that high. For hypogonadism 500-1000mcg 3x/wk for 3 weeks is common and the dropping to 2 times a week @ the same dose. Go with it and see what your bloods say. Like I'm said, I'm sure they are elevated, but may still be in range.

I'd prefer to stay fertile for the next few years. I'm in my early thirties and having kids is pretty important to my wife. It's also important to her that I start to feel better as well.

I thought that the 500-1000iu hCG 3x/wk doses were typically used for hCG mono therapy? Does it sound reasonable to use doses that high in conjunction with testosterone?

Any thoughts on the theory that long term use of hCG causes desensitization?

pherapick

Nov 10, 2014
I knocked my old lady up on 100 mg per week test and hcg at 600 ius per week. This protocol puts my test in the 1100s. That's a lot of hcg he has you on. I think dr. Shipman says anwhere from 500-750/ week preserves testicular function for most of his patients. I can also almost guarantee that you will have estrogen problems with your dose. Btw, 3x per week is probably unnecessary. If you dose your test once/week, you could dose your hcg on the 2 days before test shot day. If you dose test 2x/week, you could dose hcg 1 day before each test shot.