©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cardio ?

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
In your opinion - For fat loss - which is more important:

Speed of exercise (ie. 6mph)
Heart rate (ie. 70% max heart rate)

Both equal at 20 minutes - after workout.

recess

Nov 16, 2004
The Classroom
This is just a cardio survey.

I believe heart rate. But I am in a disagreement with the owner of my gym who thinks he is a fitness guru. He is the only gym in town (very small town) and pushes these fat older ladies way harder than they need to be. Even with that said - even for bodybuilding I believe heart rate for fat loss.

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Heart Rate. But Inorder To Increase Heart Rate You Need To Work Harder. So They Would Go Together

thunderterd

I love boobs
Mar 9, 2005
heart rate. i see the same thing at my gym. fat chicks that run at a decent pace for a longer period of time still seem fat. after my son was born, my girlfriend ran every day for half an hour and nothing happened. then,she walked at a decent pace around the neighborhood for atleast an hour a day and got back to normal. with our wedding coming up, i'm glad she is fit again. i know this is a cardio question, but without the proper diet, both are a waste of time. IMO

Last edited:

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
thunderterd said:
heart rate. i see the same thing at my gym. fat chicks that walk at a decent pace for a longer period of time still seem fat. after my son was born, my girlfriend ran every day for half an hour and nothing happened. then,she walked at a decent pace around the neighborhood for atleast an hour a day and got back to normal. with our wedding coming up, i'm glad she is fit again. i know this is a cardio question, but without the proper diet, both are a waste of time. IMO

Bassically you have to reach the target heart rate for you age and BMI (body Mass Index) for fat burning, and then maintain that heart rate for 20 to 30 minutes. But believe it or not walking is one of the best exercises there is!

Nomad

Feb 9, 2005
Answer is never that simple...depends on the individual...I would lean towards heart rate but this is always a debate thats out there (HIT cardio vs more lengthy moderate sessions)

I seem to get better results from HIT but it usually taps into muscle gains...for me its a fine line between doing cardio that has an positive impact & doing too much or too high intensity that will zap my glycogen & overall gains-

my .02

thunderterd

I love boobs
Mar 9, 2005
Freejay said:
Bassically you have to reach the target heart rate for you age and BMI (body Mass Index) for fat burning, and then maintain that heart rate for 20 to 30 minutes. But believe it or not walking is one of the best exercises there is!

had to edit my post...i meant fat chicks run and no difference