©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

cartilege tear

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Had an MRI done for the cellulitis. Doc found a tear near the posterior miniscus horn. He says if I go with surgery I'll need 5 weeks to recover. I don't have 5 weeks. How much will squats and leg extensions aggrevate this condition? My legs need work I can't neglect them now.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
...comeing back froma a knee injury without surgery...trust me you can give up the 5 weeks, youll be much happier you did, i know from experience

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I would listen to the doctor, or get another opinion if you dont trust that doc. I definitely wouldnt do anything that could aggravate the injury more.

W

wolfyEVH

Blackbird said:
Had an MRI done for the cellulitis. Doc found a tear near the posterior miniscus horn. He says if I go with surgery I'll need 5 weeks to recover. I don't have 5 weeks. How much will squats and leg extensions aggrevate this condition? My legs need work I can't neglect them now.

you seriously should be asking that....doctors may not know that much about steroids, but they know alot of other shit. anything involving movement at the knee is going to be horrible. Get the surgery done ASAP....you'll be out now, but later down the road, if you didnt get it fixed, you could be out forever.....

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Diesel said:
...comeing back froma a knee injury without surgery...trust me you can give up the 5 weeks, youll be much happier you did, i know from experience

I agree Bird, get it taken care of now. I had the choice with my shoulder to have surgery or deal with the pain, I chose surgery. That was one of my best decisions. You should still be able to do some upper body work?

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I tore my Medial Cartilage in both knees 2 weeks before i was supposed to ship out for Marine boot camp. I got a permanant disqualification because of it. Had to do the surgery, Definitely worth it. You just can't fuck around with your knees.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
I had me knee checked out in Jan..I told the P.A that i was going skiing in Feb and asked him point blank if it was stable enough ...He took x-rays and said I was all set..A doctor in Ga. 3 years previous said I had no acl and wondered why my knee was even functioning...This asshole P.A..physicians assistant decided to send me for an MRI..I went the following week to see him...This fucking jerk off said I neede to scheduled for surgery..I have 2 tears and my acl had a cycst behind my knee and it should be scraped out...This fucking asshole had me skiing with a clean bill of health then 3 weeks later he says my knee is all fucked up.
..I'm still squatting fairly heavy with raps....The leg extensions are good but sometimes tend to stress the knee abit...The hack squats seem to be the best of the excercises...High reps and feet close together seem to work my quads very nicely..Leg presses are fucking useless...It's for sissys who don't want to squat....uinless it's used for a assistance excercise.....I learned all this leg shit from a guy named Tom Platz in Conneticut back in the early 80's..He was my hero....He also told me about the monkey growth hormone at the time..It was a bit much for me but he told me the truth and for that he has my utmost respect....He also said he stays on for unbelievable amount of time and then when he's off he uses growth...To expensive for me...TRUE STORY

Aminophiliac

May 17, 2005
5 weeks goes by quick and you'll be able to put on a lot more leg size later on when you dont have to worry about it. Just focus on upper body for a while. I had my acl/meniscus done in January and was given 6 months to be cleared for all sports. I was on crutches for three striaght weeks as well and couldnt even get to the gym to do upper body. Just get it done and get it over with. The longer you wait, the longer you'll have the injury.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
The surgery is worth the time bro...especially if you don't have it and your legs decide to go out on you while your working your legs.