©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

saliva test for testing testosterone?

Jonny

Dec 6, 2014
My doctor wants me to take a saliva test to check my testosterone levels. He said it was more accurate then a blood test. Is this true? If so..why dont we do saliva tests. Wouldn't it be easier then blood test?

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
My doctor wants me to take a saliva test to check my testosterone levels. He said it was more accurate then a blood test. Is this true? If so..why dont we do saliva tests. Wouldn't it be easier then blood test?

Both tests have their place. Blood tests are more accurate for total test while saliva is better for bioavailable test. For bodybuilders, we are more concerned about the bioavailable test as about 95% of our circulating test is bound by protein and is unavailable. Serum test would probably be more accurate for determining accurately dosed gear, but saliva is better to see how much you have available to use although this number tend to fluctuate more than blood tests.

Jonny

Dec 6, 2014
Both tests have their place. Blood tests are more accurate for total test while saliva is better for bioavailable test. For bodybuilders, we are more concerned about the bioavailable test as about 95% of our circulating test is bound by protein and is unavailable. Serum test would probably be more accurate for determining accurately dosed gear, but saliva is better to see how much you have available to use although this number tend to fluctuate more than blood tests.

Ok. Now I understand why he wants to do both tests. So I'm assuming he wants to be accurate when dosing, by examining both results.

Jonny

Dec 6, 2014
Saliva is also more accurate when using transdermals which is probably what he will likely try to prescribe.

That make sense, since I am on a transdermal testosterone. I think its not effective enough. I will have to ask to be put on shots.