©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New Workout Program

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
A friend of mine at work as challenged me to try a workout program he designed. I have a lot of respect for this guy but it is a very different program than I'm used to and also goes against some of the things I've learned. Without typing 3 pages, it basically is a 10 by 2 day split. 10 days working out, 2 days recovery. Each body part will be done 2 days in a row. Day 1 & 2 Chest, Day 3 & 4 Back, Day 5 & 6 Shoulders, Day 7 & 8 Legs and Day 9 & 10 Arms. Calfs and Abs will Rotate each day from day 1 to 8 then 4 days off. The rep scheme will be Day 1- 8,6,4,2,6 and Day 2- 12,10,8,6,8,10. This work out will be done for 90 days. He designed it to basically break down every muscle fiber as far as it will go and then rebuild. I'm asking for some feedback from the vets. Before anyone discredits this workout, know that this guy is very, very knowledgeable, he has tried many different types of programs. He is also a former Mr.Ohio competing at a ripped 275 pounds standing at 5'10".

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
Sounds pretyt intence.. I am not a Vet but i do know this.. Some things may work for him that might not work for others.. He could also just bee a very blessed genetic freak. Its kinda like this. Some people might get huge doing cable curls.. someone eles might not even get any results doing cable curls but might somehting eles.. Just my 5 cents :)

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Jaysonl1424 said:
Sounds pretyt intence.. I am not a Vet but i do know this.. Some things may work for him that might not work for others.. He could also just bee a very blessed genetic freak. Its kinda like this. Some people might get huge doing cable curls.. someone eles might not even get any results doing cable curls but might somehting eles.. Just my 5 cents :)
Very true. I remember a guy in the Air Force who developed 20 inch arms by doing noithing but 3 sets of 40 pound curls 3 times a week. He got so stoked about how easy it was, he actually started working out.

There is no scientific reason this should work and it goes against the grain of all logical workout programs currently in use, but hey, who knows?

Technically, bumble bees should not be able to fly. But they do.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
It looks to me like the average gym rat could easily overtrain on a routine like that. That is not to say you are average, i don't know you. Unless you have been lifting for a number of years like your co-worker/friend, your body maynot be ready for that kind of routine. I use a high intensity sort of routine, each bodypart worked once a week. Its a brief 20-30 min workout, but i always gain reps or poundage with it. Since i've been on the gear, every workout i'm gaining poundage. Let us know how this workout goes for you, if you see your not making gains start thinking about doing less. I like the new avatar, i wouldn't mind playing tarzan with those. Clint

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
I actually decided against the workout program. I didn't think my body would get the recovery time it needs. Also, with the aches I experience in my shoulders, I thought it would be too much for them to handle. I do appreciate everyone's advice, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Have you ever researched Mike Metzger's high intensity style routines. Yates incorporated a similar training routine. The thoughts behind it make alot of sense. My workouts are shorter and my gains have always been greater using the kind of routine they have popularized.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
like that was due to the weights. Its my understanding it was due to complications with diabetes.