©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

best way to add mass?

spusoccer

Aug 30, 2004
do you guys on here find it better to do High reps with a low weight or low reps with a High weight? Also do you usually burn out on every workout that you do or not? Just curious to see how everyone else here works out.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
There's no one right answer to that. IMO, low reps(4-6) high weight makes me feel better cause i can tell i'm getting stronger. but, you can't do the same workout forever, you have to change up from high intensity to high volume every now and then and find what works best for you. Training to failure is always the best way to go, you really shouldn't do it for more than a couple weeks, but it can help you get past a sticking point, as well as partial reps and negatives. but no one type of workout works forever, and different people repspond better to different things.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
like Steve said, mix it up and diff things work for diff people. I actually built my chest with reverse pyramid training - starting with 1RM and working from 6 reps to 10-12. I do the same sometimes with curls. Experimenting is good.

Jaysonl1424

Nov 9, 2004
some mass exercises are squat, dead lift, bench, and military bench, they will help put on some mass

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I've always stuck to low reps and heavy weight. I haven't stopped improving really.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Jaysonl1424 said:
what is pyramid, can you give me an example
example#1 ( standard pyramid ) 1. set....10reps/20lbs
2. set....8 reps/30lbs
3. set....6 reps/40lbs

example#2 is a (descending pyramid ) it's just the opposite. It consits of decreasing weight while increasing reps per set...( some people like this one for getting over plateaus )

I have a buddy that uses a 5,3,1 pyramid (standard) for his chest. A simple flat-bench exercise and thats it ( 1 simple exercise ) but he does it everyday. His only rest days are sat.and sun.....no shit......it consist of 3 sets.....#1 set/ 5reps, #2 set/ 3 reps, #3 set/1reps....increasing weight while decreasing reps per set.
You have to use the correct % of weight per set of course. and a spotter so you can use forced reps......will not work properly w/o a spotter.

By the way..He's 175 lbs.....with a 415lb. bench....(all natural too )......he swears by this method......I hate working out with him cuz I'm bigger but can't throw up near the weight... he makes me look bad..lol :D

Just " google it " you'll find more detailed info

Hope that helps Bro............ :cool:

spusoccer

Aug 30, 2004
ya it helps alot I was just curious as I just changed last week from high weight low reps to lower weight higher reps but with a little bit of pyramiding as well but thanks for the info I just wanted to more of what your ideas were thanks

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
You could try DOGGCRAPP, no joke man. do a web search for it. I'm gonna start trying that in a couple weeks to try to muscle on me.

P

pincrusher

you should gop heavy for 3-4 weeks then change up to a lighter weight higher rep system for 2-3 weeks to allow your body to recuperate. keep switching back & forth if ya want to add the most mass.
you also need to eat like crazy 8 meals per day minimum to gain lots of size & strength.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
Make sure you train your large muscle groups as well.

Deadlifts.....Squats........Lat-pull downs........These will really get the juices flowing

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
oracle said:
I've always stuck to low reps and heavy weight. I haven't stopped improving really.
Me too.except I maxlift to failure. 3reps (on good day)very simple.
oh yes,and I eat six whole chickens and a loaf of dry,white toast every day.

Last edited:

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
KellSRV said:
Me too.except I maxlift to failure. 3reps (on good day)very simple.
oh yes,and I eat six whole chickens and a loaf of dry,white toast every day.
Should we start calling you elwood blues?

spusoccer

Aug 30, 2004
no I know I actually have a really good diet thanks too heavy I have been following his diet that he posted a while back for about the last two months and its done wonders so thanks for that.