©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gotta love the legs

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
As some of you may know i havent' worked legs until this year. I actually enjoy working them. It takes nothing but raw power to squat the weight. I thought i'd see what i was up to today on the smith machine so as a final set i put 8 x 45lb plates on and did 7 reps. I'm gonna push myself harder next time and add more weight considering i did them fairly easy. On the machine (don't know the actual name) that you sit down in and lay back on and you push upwards on it..i put 12 x 45lbs plates on it and repped it also. But damn i worked them so hard i can't get up from a sitting position now without wanting to cry.

I actually get compliments for my calves. They say that their pretty big...i honestly don't think so but hey it's good to know their growing. Well that's my "i'm excited" moment for the day.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Im with you bro...legs are my favourite workout. Theres no place better than under a heavy ass barbell in a squat rack. Squats are KING.

W

wolfyEVH

heavy said:
Im with you bro...legs are my favourite workout. Theres no place better than under a heavy ass barbell in a squat rack. Squats are KING.

agree.....always will be king in my book

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
my friend thought i was going to hurt myself since i like to be aggressively loud....nothing like the adrenaline rush

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
latino~heat said:
im doing to much damn cardio on step master that I dont need to work out my legs... :D

I know what you mean, my wife uses one of those :D She has some nice legs.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I'm dreading the end of my cycle when i go and do cardio.....i'm not much into that anymore

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Clint1 said:
Why bother with the cardio? Just shift to a higher rep workout.

I'm a habitual power type of guy....heavy weight...low reps. Kinda hard to mentally shift gears.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Same here, i can usually get away with it. I figure i get enough cardio at work laying 12" concrete block all day. I only switch to higher reps if i feel my joints acheing alot.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
oracle said:
my friend thought i was going to hurt myself since i like to be aggressively loud....nothing like the adrenaline rush
So your that guy in the gym making all that f'ing noise???!!! :D
Be careful on those lying down leg pess machines(If thats what you were talking about). They are hard on your lower back.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
tee said:
So your that guy in the gym making all that f'ing noise???!!! :D
Be careful on those lying down leg pess machines(If thats what you were talking about). They are hard on your lower back.

i don't think that's the one...i'm more at a incline pushing up at an angle. I really don't feel it much on my back. I use a weight belt so i don't know if that helps

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Is it like the first one or the second one? The second pic is the shitty kind of leg press that will F your back up. The first one is fine.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
tee said:
Is it like the first one or the second one? The second pic is the shitty kind of leg press that will F your back up. The first one is fine.

I use the first one. I rep 12 x 45lbs plates for about 8 good reps. I'm bumping it up next week.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
oracle said:
I use the first one. I rep 12 x 45lbs plates for about 8 good reps. I'm bumping it up next week.
That's what everyone uses when they want to fool themselves into thinking they are doing a serious leg workout.

Do free standing squats (no smith machine) until you puke and then tell me how much you love to work legs.

Leg workouts suck!!!

W

wolfyEVH

DragonRider said:
That's what everyone uses when they want to fool themselves into thinking they are doing a serious leg workout.

Do free standing squats (no smith machine) until you puke and then tell me how much you love to work legs.

Leg workouts suck!!!

i'll do 5 sets of heavy squats and finish with a couple sets of leg press......and i LOVE leg day!!!

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
DragonRider said:

I actually did those prior to doing them on the smith machine. Still enjoyed it.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
wolfyEVH said:
i'll do 5 sets of heavy squats and finish with a couple sets of leg press......and i LOVE leg day!!!

That's what i do...i know i'm working the same part of my leg but i enjoy killing them with the leg press. The only thing i hate is taking off all the plates when i'm done