©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Tri's are outrunning chest...

Zaven

May 18, 2005
My chest is definately starting to lag behind the rest of my body......My tri's are doing all the work on pressing movements and are growing like crazy.....Chest is not growing at all.........(nothing is working now)

I'm assuming that this is very much possible once tri's become strong enough and start doing most the work....

should I focus mostly on pre-exhaustion and isolation exercises........ :confused:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
You need to concentrate more on contracting your chest muscles. Alot of people become overly dependent on using mainly their tri's when working chest.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
Go to the dumbbells...flat incline whatever and hit it with sets of 10 you'll notice the burn in your pecs....

P

pincrusher

you must concern yourself less with the amount of weight you are using and more with the contraction of the pec muscles. try hitting a few chest poses and flexing the muscle hard before & during your chest workout. after each set constantly flex your pecs till the next set.
dumbells work great because you can get a very good stretch of the pec muscles if you lower the dumbells far enough. it will also allow you to focus on using the muscles of the chest more when using dumbells.

my suggestion is to drop down the amount of weight you are using by at least 1/3 and really focus on the contraction of the chest muscles.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
big o said:
Go to the dumbbells...flat incline whatever and hit it with sets of 10 you'll notice the burn in your pecs....
lol......I do use dumbells, and I also use the 10 rep range..

I also use full movement so that my pecs get a good stretch and I only use weight I can properly handle.....I don't use momentum..!!!

so I'm basically already doing what yall suggested......but I still appreciate the advice... ;)

Last edited:

Zaven

May 18, 2005
ORACLE said:
You need to concentrate more on contracting your chest muscles. Alot of people become overly dependent on using mainly their tri's when working chest.
I agree.....I think underdeveloped chest and big arms are just silly lookin...

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
shoot some gear into your pecs, that'll do it.j/k. Try doing a set of flies then move right into your press. Grip the bar wider. If none of that works, get a bee to sting you in the chest.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i do slow cable crossovers from the top position then i do them from the bottom position. They worked well to round up my chest

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
ORACLE said:
i do slow cable crossovers from the top position then i do them from the bottom position. They worked well to round up my chest
This works wonders,remembering to hold for a second and flex HARD at full contraction.
dammit,I gotta go...was gonna BS ya'll for a while.ya lucked out.

Last edited:

Zaven

May 18, 2005
ORACLE said:
this sounds good.........

can I get some advice on a complete chest routine...... with # of sets and reps.....per exercise

thanks bro's.....

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I was asking a similar question and ORACLE gave me his routine so i'm gonna try that(with a lot lighter weights however) here it is.
Here's what i do:

Incline bench> 2 warm up sets
3 working sets (real heavy up to 315lbs)

Flat bench > 3 working sets (using dumbbells real heavy up to 125lb dumbbells)

Incline flyes > 3 working sets (using heavy weights up to 90lb dumbbells)

Bench Machine > 3 workings sets (I rep the shit to failure to get a good pump)

Cable flys top position > 3 working sets (slow movement and contracting hard to failure)

Cable flys bottom Position > 3 working sets (slow movement and contracting hard to failure)

I do alot of excercises because i too felt like i wasn't hitting my chest hard enough. By doing this i've gotten really good pumps and my chest development all around has really improved.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
another chest day gone to hell.........cable flyes didn't do shit (bicep pump..but that's it)...........and I"m still getting a crazy tri pump when doing presses with no chest pump..............maybe I just need to do flatbar with wide grip......

I'm stumped....I don't know what to do... :confused: .