©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

dosen't it bug you when people do it wrong?

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
I was doing my leg routine today when I noticed an old ladyworking out next to me that looked confused . she was on the "hip abductor" it bacicly works your inner legs by starting in a splits position and squeezing your legs together lifting the weights. she had the leg pads set so her range of motion was about 1" from start of exercize to end.

so I explained how it worked and she snaped at me saying how she knows how it works. she then asked how long I had been coming here, I said since 2002, she then said shes been here a lot longer than me. all I could say was sorry , I was just trying to help.
and the worst thing is if you offer to help they just don't want to hear it. I always see this other old man do dips without bending his elbows, and another that does bicep curls that he only lifts for an inch and does them all in less than 30 seconds.it looks more like hes just twitching.

well thats my rant, im feeling better already

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i've had that happen. i've only done it a few times and some are really receptive while others look at me like "who are you ...the gym guru?"

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I never try to give advice in the gym, some people are already self-concious just working out in front of other people that when you tell them they're wrong they either snap at you or get scared to come to the gym, others will welcome the help but you never know which is which. I just like the old people working out, they never do it right, but you gotta respect em for even showing up when some old people just sit around waiting to die.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I agree with Steve. I never try to help them either. Most of them know they dont know what the hell they are doing and they get embarrassed when someone tells them the right way. Its sad that they are getting hardly anything out of their workout, but at least they are showing up.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
tee said:
I agree with Steve. I never try to help them either. Most of them know they dont know what the hell they are doing and they get embarrassed when someone tells them the right way. Its sad that they are getting hardly anything out of their workout, but at least they are showing up.

I do it because they can hurt themselves if they do it the wrong way

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
ORACLE said:
I do it because they can hurt themselves if they do it the wrong way
Ya, but its fun to laugh when they F themselves up and cant walk anymore :D j/k

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
ORACLE said:
I'd hate to be the little guy in your gym
I dont pick on anyone. Even when they lift like shit and look like shit. Im glad they are coming in to workout. Well, I do get pissed at the fat bitches that wont get off the one leg curl machine. GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr :sniper:

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
steve0085 said:
The best are the Fat fuckers doing calf raises and wrist curls. Like that's gonna help
& drinking a diet Pepsi while talking on their cell phone

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
The worst is the fuckin half repping fags. I see these guys all the time...half repping squats, half repping curls and even half repping the damn PEC DECK! LMFAO.

Full range of motion people! I want a t-shirt that says on the back "Full range of motion you stupid motherfu****!"

dr woo

Jan 6, 2005
think ive mentioned this b4 but i will again anyway if nothing else it will get my posts moving again,lol.
theres this guy at the gym who always seems to be on the bench when im waiting he pisses about with a lot of unrelated stretches in between sets, where lowers the bar a little more than 4". Anyway this 1 day he loaded the bar up as usual but didnt notice that it was positioned on the lower hooks, which was already lower than he had ever been, well you know what happened, as soon as he lifted the weight off his arms collapsed and it pinned him to the bench,( it was as funny as hell) i helped him up and tried to explain that the weight was to much for him and that he needed to be able to lower the bar to his chest and raise it again, he said that he knew how the excercise should be done and that when he was used to the weight he would lower it further and not b4,
the moral of the story is f+ck em unless they ask 4 help

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
Im a deaf mute in the gym. I only offer a spot here and there to the people who are really motivated and giving it their all. Its not a social place for me, I only go there to kill or be killed (by weights)

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
heavy said:
The worst is the fuckin half repping fags. I see these guys all the time...half repping squats, half repping curls and even half repping the damn PEC DECK! LMFAO.

Full range of motion people! I want a t-shirt that says on the back "Full range of motion you stupid motherfu****!"
Darn Heavy, do you have a little rage going there, or what?

Hey, I feel you bro.