©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

just hit 855lbs on my squats

P

pincrusher

thats a lot of weight to move especially when coleman can only do 2 reps with 800lbs. congrats

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
mr.nitrofish said:
I was able to squeze out 8 reps of 855lbs. im pretty happy with that. :D

squat rack or smith? either way that's awesome bro

P

pincrusher

ORACLE said:
squat rack or smith? either way that's awesome bro
it would have to be a rack because a smith machine cant hold that much weight unless it is extra beefy with extended sleeves for the plates.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
I for 1 don't believe that shit...Your full of it.....That means your squating in the 1000lb range...The only way I believe that is if you compete in a USPF sanctioned meet....Buried and below parallel...Your full of shit....

P

pincrusher

big o said:
I for 1 don't believe that shit...Your full of it.....That means your squating in the 1000lb range...The only way I believe that is if you compete in a USPF sanctioned meet....Buried and below parallel...Your full of shit....
i was thinking along these same lines but was trying to be nice, but i did make sure to put the note about colemans lift in there though :D
even the guys doing 1000lbs+ would not be doing 855lbs for reps like that. it is just way to much weight to move.
i think mr nitrofish should put up some pics to show how big he is or even show pics or video of this lift.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
pincrusher said:
i was thinking along these same lines but was trying to be nice, but i did make sure to put the note about colemans lift in there though :D
even the guys doing 1000lbs+ would not be doing 855lbs for reps like that. it is just way to much weight to move.
i think mr nitrofish should put up some pics to show how big he is or even show pics or video of this lift.

He put up pics a couple of weeks ago....

Sorry NF, I cannot believe that. A vid would suffice for proof.

P

pincrusher

SuperFly said:
He put up pics a couple of weeks ago....

Sorry NF, I cannot believe that. A vid would suffice for proof.
he works out at a ballys total fitness so i really cant believe that cause they dont even have that much weight in a bally's LOL
i reveiwed a bunch of his old posts and after reading a bunch of them, there is no way he squated that much. i can only surmise that he is just tryin to be funny LOL

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
it was a squat machine, not the smith or the rack. I did a total of 18 plates plus the weight of the machine. im not sure how I could get a video. maybe a pic.my leg day is friday, ill bring a camera

one thing I can say is this, my upper body isn't nearly as strong as my lowerbody.im maxing out every leg machine in the place.

Last edited:

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
pincrusher said:

I won't lie, im not that big, but Im lifting more than the big guys with my legs, but I will get a pic and prove that I can do this weight.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
mr.nitrofish said:

We just got that machine at my gym. I have never used it, but I have seen folks doing crazy weight on it.

Use a regular squat rack to get your max numbers. I bet you will be surprised at how much your max drops. I would bet at least 3 or 4 hundred pounds less than the 855lbs. Maybe more. When you have to balance the weight and squat it at the same time it takes much more energy, and the bar buried in your back does not make it any easier.

LITTLEME

Mar 9, 2005
USA
Try Doing Squats Off A Rack Next Time And Let Us Know How You Do. But Like Big O Said You Should Break Parallel.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
STATE CHAMP said:
Try Doing Squats Off A Rack Next Time And Let Us Know How You Do. But Like Big O Said You Should Break Parallel.

I don't break parrallel only because i don't want to cause to much strain on my knees. i go as far as parallel but no further.

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
Then you might as well do half benches,half curls,half presses...Not going down all the way is a waste of time....IMO

big o

X-POWERLIFTER
Mar 20, 2005
I tried a place like Bally's once..I got thrown out of the gym I out grew and signed a contract with east coast fitness because there was a steady supply of juice there...I told them I wanted out of the contract they said no way...Well my next work out was squats....I used just about every plate there,I had chalk all over the fucking place..screaming yelling sniffing amonia and spitting swearing they came over and said you can't do that...I said ythis is the way I work out...I was a total animal at the time...They decided to let me out of the contract....

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
im going to try the rack, but I have this fear of getting pinned under the weight. I got pinned under a bench once and I had to crawl out.