©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

whats the best oil to use

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
whats the best oil to use.......... ive heard grapeseed is king....all i can get is soy....i guess the thinner the better but are some more inclined to crash your gear than others............what are your opinions :sniper:

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
tordon said:
whats the best oil to use.......... ive heard grapeseed is king....all i can get is soy....i guess the thinner the better but are some more inclined to crash your gear than others............what are your opinions :sniper:

Everyone will have their own opinion on this. I have yet to use any, but from the research that I have done, grapeseed and walnut seem to be the most popular due to there viscosity. I just picked up 300ml of grapeseed oil from Research Labs. Take a look, they have everything you'll need.

http://www.researchlabsupply.com

P

pincrusher

STEELADDICTION said:
Everyone will have their own opinion on this. I have yet to use any, but from the research that I have done, grapeseed and walnut seem to be the most popular due to there viscosity. I just picked up 300ml of grapeseed oil from Research Labs. Take a look, they have everything you'll need.

http://www.researchlabsupply.com
the grapeseed oil should be available in your local grocery store or specialty store and will not cost nearly as much as what it does from a research company. just heat it in a glass vial to 275 degree's for 45 minutes before you use it to make any gear to help sterilze it then run the finished product through a whatmann filter

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
pincrusher said:
the grapeseed oil should be available in your local grocery store or specialty store and will not cost nearly as much as what it does from a research company. just heat it in a glass vial to 275 degree's for 45 minutes before you use it to make any gear to help sterilze it then run the finished product through a whatmann filter

thank you also :sniper:

P

pincrusher

peanut oil is also good to use but you must make sure that noone you may share your finished product with is allergic to peanuts ;) also make sure you get the pure oil and not a concentrated version or one with additives

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
penut oil eh! sounds good......kind of makes me hungry..........does anyone know the different viscosities......and wouldn't the thinner oils be more prone to crashing your gear, or does that only have to do with a lack of proper ba content.... :sniper:

i'm a little wary of ordering anything across the border from the states, as i have been screwed more than once by legit companys......if any cunucks here know of one thats sure to deliver i'd be happy to give it a shot.....what do customs do in the case of whatmans, oils and such......at the very least they would sure wonder what i'm upto, do they have a database, like watch out for this guy, he's buying weird shit........

I have considered many times of buying some usp grade oil, steralizing it and running it through a whatman, but the cost of whatmens from my supplier is more than the sterilized soy oil they sell......

at any rate thanx alot for all of your imput....i appreciate your help and your expertise........ :sniper:

Last edited:

GearMan

Banned
Jun 10, 2004
Australia
For homebrew enthusuiasts, grapeseed, usp, and especially Enova are all OK. The last actually being somewhat good for you, healthwise.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
penut oil eh! sounds good......kind of makes me hungry..........does anyone know the different viscosities......and wouldn't the thinner oils be more prone to crashing your gear, or does that only have to do with a lack of proper ba content.... :sniper:

i'm a little wary of ordering anything across the border from the states, as i have been screwed more than once by legit companys......if any cunucks here know of one thats sure to deliver i'd be happy to give it a shot.....what do customs do in the case of whatmans, oils and such......at the very least they would sure wonder what i'm upto, do they have a database, like watch out for this guy, he's buying weird shit........

I have considered many times of buying some usp grade oil, steralizing it and running it through a whatman, but the cost of whatmens from my supplier is more than the sterilized soy oil they sell......

at any rate thanx alot for all of your imput....i appreciate your help and your expertise........ :sniper:

You still have to run the final product through a filter anyway. There is no benefit to buying expensive pre filtered oil. Once you add the hormone powder, solvents, heat & mix, then you have to take the final mix and filter it before use. Get what Im saying.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Personally I like products produced in Eythl Oleate. Can hold much higher concentrations and make the oils more smoother!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Wouldn't use peanut oil . Too many people with unknown peanut allergies.. Save that for your popcorn.. I prefer grapeseed due to viscosity and is available everywhere ..like everyone says gotta filter and heat anyhow plus it's gonna have ba or Bb involved .

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany

I have considered many times of buying some usp grade oil, steralizing it and running it through a whatman, but the cost of whatmens from my supplier is more than the sterilized soy oil they sell.....

Doubt customs will take grapeseed oils or cottonseed oils. People roll thru the us border to local Costcos around here and gallons of oils are used a million ways.. Tellem youre maken a big bottle of Italian dressing..As for the filters they wont care . They too are used by home herbalists and whoever..

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
Ive only used grape seed oil. And although Ethyl Oleate makes a nice thin solution, so many people have bad reactions to it, it melts some plastic filtration systems, and you cant preload syringes with it because it will melt the plunger. However there are some new oils that are popping up at the medical suppliers. Ive seen rice oil and apricot kernel oil. Both have peaked my interest. Anyone have any experience with these? I know dragon pharma uses a mixture of ethyl oleate and apricot kernel oil. Ive used that. But has anyone used these new oils in their home brew, for their horse?