©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

what do you guys think of my routine

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
I call this routine the 344.....3 muscle groups.....4 exercises.....4 sets......
I developed this workout schedule last summer....and it seems to give me good results......I get every muscle group within a week and i get them good....but i don't know......am I over working.....Ive had that problem before....I open for any critisism and any imput you may have.....on what ive been doing.......
:sniper:

Mon upper body

Pecs (4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Triceps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Abs(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Tue lower body

Glutes(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Calves(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
abs(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Wed upper body

Lats(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
biceps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Thur lower body

Thighs(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Hamstrings(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Fri upper body

shoulders(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
traps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20min cardio

Sat upper body

wrists(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
lumbar(3 exersices,3sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
intense cardio 20-90min

Sun

day off......

W

wolfyEVH

definitely not enough rest.....i wouldnt workout more than 4 times a week.....you have 6......i personally think 4 exercises at 4 sets (per bodypart)is a bit much....i'd go 3 exercises at 3-4 sets (not including warmup).....and i'd definitely lower your rep range to the 4-6 or 6-8 reps.......

Day 1: Chest and bi's (or just chest)
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: shoulders/tris
Day 5: back (or back bi's if you dont do bi's on day 1)
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF or REPEAT

maybe try this

tordon said:
I call this routine the 344.....3 muscle groups.....4 exercises.....4 sets......
I developed this workout schedule last summer....and it seems to give me good results......I get every muscle group within a week and i get them good....but i don't know......am I over working.....Ive had that problem before....I open for any critisism and any imput you may have.....on what ive been doing.......

Mon upper body

Pecs (4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Triceps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Abs(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Tue lower body

Glutes(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Calves(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Wed upper body

Lats(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
biceps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Thur lower body

Thighs(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
Hamstrings(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20 min cardio

Fri upper body

shoulders(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
traps(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
15-20min cardio

Sat upper body

wrists(4 exercises,4sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
lumbar(3 exersices,3sets each, 8 to 12 reps each, all to failure)
intense cardio 20-90min

Sun

day off......

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
i would think a 6 day rotation would be good. doing a seperate body part every day. like if you do back and biceps on the same day . i feel that ifyou do your back then do biceps your bis will be tired already. so in my work out each body part getsworked once a week or every 6 days. so you could go

sun arms
mon delts/traps
tues chest
wed legs
thurs back
fri off
sat arms
sun delts
mon chest
tues legs
wed back
thurs off

it works for me. i think i would die doing your workout or get burned out. i used to do the same muscle every 3 days and felt weaker because i dnt think they had time to rest enough

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
Blackbird said:
Abs everyday? If you're not resting the muscle I don't see how it can grow.

i have always read that abs are a different sort of muscle than the rest that can be worked every day.....Frank zane had incredible abs and he worked the s*** out of them to get there.........my abs are actully one of my strong points......I'm just a little guy but i can compete with anyone when it come to how much they can push.......you think this is bad when i was younger i used to do about 2000 varrios ab exercises a day.......i finnally stopped when i learned more about what i was doing and began to ad more weight with less reps..............I don't know for sure if I should work them as much as i do or not.........mabey i would get better results with some more rest like you say........but i mostly go by feel.......if it feels right i do it.......and so far it seems to be working out for me...........even working them to failure every day they are never stiff or tired the next day............

mabey i will try resting them a little more and see if what you say is correct for me........thank you for your imput and your opinions.....i will consider all of them and possibly evolve my workout further.......it always is changing slightly as i find out what works better for me.......but opinions of vets like yourself help expediate the process........

thanx a million :sniper:

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
wolfyEVH said:
definitely not enough rest.....i wouldnt workout more than 4 times a week.....you have 6......i personally think 4 exercises at 4 sets (per bodypart)is a bit much....i'd go 3 exercises at 3-4 sets (not including warmup).....and i'd definitely lower your rep range to the 4-6 or 6-8 reps.......

Day 1: Chest and bi's (or just chest)
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: shoulders/tris
Day 5: back (or back bi's if you dont do bi's on day 1)
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF or REPEAT

maybe try this

I really like the workout you have sugested.... wolfy I like your idea of less reps more weight, i think i will give this a try, but as for the 3 days off a week......i have tried having more time off and i find it makes me lazy and not want to go the next day either.......so instead i alternate from upper body to lower body.......that way i can go every day and i stay commited with no exeptions..........maby this is hurting my results ......but it seems to keep me going.......thanx for your sugestions i will try to morph what i can into my workout :sniper:

Last edited:

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
sesso said:
i would think a 6 day rotation would be good. doing a seperate body part every day. like if you do back and biceps on the same day . i feel that ifyou do your back then do biceps your bis will be tired already. so in my work out each body part getsworked once a week or every 6 days. so you could go

sun arms
mon delts/traps
tues chest
wed legs
thurs back
fri off
sat arms
sun delts
mon chest
tues legs
wed back
thurs off

it works for me. i think i would die doing your workout or get burned out. i used to do the same muscle every 3 days and felt weaker because i dnt think they had time to rest enough

sesso i like the looks of what you have been doing and think it would work for me with one exeption..........being on a tight schedule because of work and driving 100km to the gym and another 100km back .....I just don't think i would have the time to work all of my leg muscles in one visit to the gym.......by the time i get home already its about 10 pm and i have to be up by 5 to get to work.................thank you :sniper:

Last edited:

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
thats ok .. hehe then i would split up you legs into and along with an upper body part. basically i found that each body part every 5 or 6 days is enough rest and abs only 2 times a week. :)

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
how does this look

new program the 333

3 exercises each 3 sets each 6-8 reps to failure

mon biceps+triceps+wrists 15min cardio

tue glutes+calves+abs 15min cardio

wed traps+delts+lumbar 15 min cardio

thur day off

fri pecs+lats+abs 15min cardio

sat thighs+hamstrings and extended cardio