©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

back in the gym!

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
well yestarday i went and paid my new membership! i cancelled the last one there because of the hernia that i had. i have been working out at my house on my Weider. while i am at the house i am so unmotavaited i go in and do no more than three sets of what ever body part i am working. for instance on bi/tri day , 3 sets of 10 with my curl bar , 3 sets of 10 tricep push downs takes me 20 min................................. i know that sucks no motavation , and i dont have all the right equipment to do a more complete workout..excuses,excuses--- but yestarday when i left the gym after an hour my arms were as solid as the concret i was walking on , man that shit felt great. (bi's/tri's yestarday) 4 sets 10 curlbar ,2sets 10 hammer curls, 3 sets of 10 tri pushdowns with the rope, 2 sets of 10 dips, 2 sets of 20 forearm curls, 3 sets of 10 tricep push downs on machine, and 2 sets of lateral pulldowns just for the hell of it.. and i wanted more but i didnt want to over do anything , i have back and chest today and will throw some shoulders in there too... MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK IN THE REAL GYM,MUSIC PUMPING, FANS AND AC KIKCEN AND there was only about 15 people in there i didnt have to wait on anything....

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
I Know What You Mean Bro. I Spent A Few Thousand On Home Equipment And I Think Ive Used It Twice. Im Back In There Come Monday I Cant Wait.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I have a $3000 Yukon fitness cage w/ all the attachments and I have never took it out of all the boxes and put it together. What a waste!

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
tee said:
I have a $3000 Yukon fitness cage w/ all the attachments and I have never took it out of all the boxes and put it together. What a waste!
Send it to me bro, just sold the damn boat so I got room in the Garage, fuck my girlfriends car.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
steve0085 said:
Send it to me bro, just sold the damn boat so I got room in the Garage, fuck my girlfriends car.
It would probably cost damn near 1/2 that to ship it! Ill get a finished basement someday and have a home gym. Hopefully all the parts are still in the boxes!

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
Basement????? WTF is that????? ohh, for those of you who live above sea level, ok!

Keep dreamin TEE you'll lose half the parts before you finish your home gym...

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
I finally just sold the last of my shit! I always wanted a nice home set-up to make life easier, boy was I wrong. Started getting lazy and watching TV while working out. The gym is such a better atmosphere and keeps you motivated.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
STEELADDICTION said:
I finally just sold the last of my shit! I always wanted a nice home set-up to make life easier, boy was I wrong. Started getting lazy and watching TV while working out. The gym is such a better atmosphere and keeps you motivated.
exactly steel , while i was at the house i would walk from my weight room to the living room next thing you know i am watching tv or playing with my dogs, then i have to force myself to fininsh my workout.

travis

Mar 10, 2005
Yup I tried the home gym thang too. Its really hard to get motivated at home. And I have yet to convince a bunch of half naked chicks to congregate around my tread mill like they do at the gym. Now thats motivation boys.

P

pincrusher

when the wife & i move into a bigger house after our child adoption, i plan on building an attached area that i will not only use as a home gym but also to give personal training to clients. it will be easier to do that than to have to deal with a damn gym and all the fee's they charge to allow you to use their facilities. it will also allow me to deduct a good bit of the equipment cost at tax time which will save me some $$$$
i have alot of friends who want me to trin them but dont belong to any gyms that i go to so this would make it very convienient and will allow me to build up my client base rapidly.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I work out at home, but my workout area is in an unattached garage. So, once I'm out thewre, I don't come back to the house until I'm done.

When I'm getting stronger every workout, motivation is easy. It's when I get stagnant that motivation becomes a chore. But I have managed to stick with it for 30 years now. It's kind of a habit. It's almost like cheating on myself or my wife if I miss a workout.

My wife and my daughters have been trained to spot me. So, they can move weight off of me if I want to go heavy.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
DragonRider said:
My wife and my daughters have been trained to spot me. So, they can move weight off of me if I want to go heavy.
that is a pretty good idea if you dont have a workout partner. just yestarday while at the gym i was doing chest/back. i had already did 3 sets of 10 incline and was on my 3rd set of flat bench, i had increased the weight every set on the flat bench and as i was tying to push up #8 i stopped about half way still to low for the safety pins. for a split second i was gonna stop and just set the weight down on my chest and wait for help but my pride and ego and i think some test kicked in and the weights still did not move for another 5 or 6 seconds but then slowley but surely i finished the rep.. when i set forward i noticed a guy had left his station and was now only a couple of feet behind me. he told me that was one hell of a rep, i just kinda shuck my head i was way to tired to speak