©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Not symetrical

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
i'm a little bigger in the right arm area......never botherd before now, but i would like to even them out a bit..........whats the best way to level them out?.......do i not work my right arm and stick to my left for a while?......or do i add some extra sets or reps for my left side?.......... :sniper:

BIGSARGE

Oct 18, 2004
Youll Prob Always Be That Way My Right Is A Half Inch Bigger Than My Left

fitnecise

Aug 11, 2005
do you always pick up weights with your right arm? my left pec is a little bigger than my right, because I used to bowl a lot so my right arm is stronger and does more work than the pec. so im focusing on using my left arm to pick up weights to strengthen it gradually. Im also using more free weights so I can focus on the muscle area- the muscle mind connection is important, so in your case I wouldnt add extra reps, just little things will help catch it up, but thats my opinion

Last edited:

MdTNT

One problem which cause this other than natural size differences is some times people will over compensate with one arm to make up for a weakness in the other, when you allow say, your left arm to carry more of a load because it might be naturally stronger you will start to notice a larger increase in size....free weights nad making sure you are getting full range of motion will help you to adjust this.

Jun 19, 2005
MdTNT said:
One problem which cause this other than natural size differences is some times people will over compensate with one arm to make up for a weakness in the other, when you allow say, your left arm to carry more of a load because it might be naturally stronger you will start to notice a larger increase in size....free weights nad making sure you are getting full range of motion will help you to adjust this.

My shoulder were like that, my t shirts would slide over to the low side! When started with mostly free wieghts i grew more in proportion and evened out..

tordon

Jul 24, 2005
soutern alberta
Great opinions guys......they all sound plasuble.......and all are good ideas and good observations.........being right handed i definatley favor the right side when working.....and when working out alot of times i can't make it to the gym so i end up using a machine in my basement and durring those times i do feel my right side over compensating.....i try to rectify the problem menatally by pushing harder with the left......works for a while, but to no avail in the long term........I hate home gym machines....but they can work for ya if they need too.........I just picked up a nice set of dumbells tonight....wanted to before...just couldn't afford to......can't wait to try them out.....thanx guys :sniper: