©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lats

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Have no trouble working the back, partidularly the center ob back top to bottom, but want to bomb the lats any suggestions
also how do you work the rear love handle area

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
For middle back I like seated cable rows. For lats, straight arm pulldowns and lat shrugs. ANd of course the classic behind the neck pull downs.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Thanks guys...good advice
But I have to tell you I've been in gymns where behind the neck pull downs are not allowed...even heard it is against the law in some places

any truth to this

N

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
Never heard that. but I can see why. back in high school this kid was being a dumb ass and was attempting weights he couldnt even get in his dreams. the wire cord broke and he fucking nailed his head with the lat bar. It was funny as hell. felt bad though his head bleeed like crazy

W

wolfyEVH

i would highly recommend NOT doing behind the neck pulldowns. bring it down to your chest

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Nitrateman said:
Thanks guys...good advice
But I have to tell you I've been in gymns where behind the neck pull downs are not allowed...even heard it is against the law in some places

any truth to this

N
Very, very bad for you. My gym highly recommends not doing them

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I have heard that the movement causes a pinch point in the neck or something like that and could lead to severe neck problems.,

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
and a guy got paralized cuz the cable broke... never do them behind the neck.. we tell everyone that we see do that.. if u do them in the front with the widest grip it will work the lats way better.. and also to lose the bodyfat down there you just have to keep working out and doing cardio... you cant be spot specific when trying to cut down bodyfat

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Bf

Just had bodyfat checked 17.1% which is better than I expected, think I can get it under 15% by the end of the year, watching diet, upping aerobic and doing a cutting cycle

Not too bad for my age ;)

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
wolfyEVH said:
i would highly recommend NOT doing behind the neck pulldowns. bring it down to your chest

Agreed, I have been told by many people including a IFBB pro, to never go behind your head whether it's lat pull downs or military press. They said it was a very un-natural position that puts your kneck and shoulders in a comprimising position.

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
u should be able to lose a lb a week of bf . but ifyour eating more calories then you burn you wontlose bf. with the cutting cycle im not sure how calories will affect loss of bf.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
ya you can probably get down to 12% and maintain muscle bro. just be strict as hell with the diet and cardio

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
yeh I know but

Hate cardio...boring repetative shit, unless it is outdoors, and where I live it is too hot and humid to be outside all that much
Have boner for food I shouldnt like...Id make a list but might make me cry LOL

Ive probably never been this low in body fat, but look forward to the challenge of going lower

cheers mates ;)