©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Help needed -what to avoid when injured???

BuffChick510

Nov 15, 2005
Hi, My girlfriend has a disc protrusion in her cervical 6-7 that is pushing on her spinal cord. She has gone through two treatments of coritsonal type injections that have allievated SOME of the pain in her shoulder and numbness that radiates down her arms... but she is biting at the chomp to start lifting again sooooo ....

what exercises should she totally avoid until this disc issue gets under control? We typically work out with heavy enough weight to hit failure or near failure at 6 reps. Occassionally we do a change up and go with a lighter weight where we hit failure or near failure at 12-15 reps.

Thanks much :)

BuffChick510

boombaby

Dec 23, 2004
secter 7b zone 103
Heres my advice,since I'm a c567 quad and stuck in and out of a wheelchair.Use a warm water therapy pool using resistance.The spinal cord is not something to fuck with.Being paralyzed from a spinal cord injury is mind boggeling,to say the least.Apreciate your current ability to just walk.Apreciate your ability to sense temperature,to feel a touch,to your ability to get rid of waste products.When you injure the spine you are injuring the central nervous system.There is nothing in this world worth injuring your self permently over ,nothing!!!!

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
boombaby said:
Heres my advice,since I'm a c567 quad and stuck in and out of a wheelchair.Use a warm water therapy pool using resistance.The spinal cord is not something to fuck with.Being paralyzed from a spinal cord injury is mind boggeling,to say the least.Apreciate your current ability to just walk.Apreciate your ability to sense temperature,to feel a touch,to your ability to get rid of waste products.When you injure the spine you are injuring the central nervous system.There is nothing in this world worth injuring your self permently over ,nothing!!!!
I totaly agree...My gym instructor/mentor is in a wheelchair...busted his neck in football and have to drink from a straw and is totaly paralised...If you REALLY have to gym, start with the lightest weight and rather do a lot of light, than taking a chance on heavy and bust your life up...PERMANENTLY :-(