©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What muscle groups to work each day?

Crosta

Jan 24, 2005
Hi,
I have heard different things latley and had a work out plan from an old school body builder and is..
day 1 chest and tri
day 2 back and bi
day 3 shoulder and legs
day off
then repeat.
Is this is a very beneficial way to work out or is there a better approach to going at this?
Im going to be starting a cycle in a month also for a bulking cycle and was wondering if I should change up my work out when im on juice.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Its simple with 1000 answers... mine is
EOD rotate Mon-upper body-
Wed-Legs
Fri-squats and/or smith machine for an all over beating.
Just rotate your muscle groups.(the next week might do it backwards)Flex and hold for a second at top of ea. rep.
Make the muscle unsed be used and grow.

Im obviously not competing or going for the gold here,In fact my regimen has no discipline besides going and focusing on what im doing until im exhausted.
It Works.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Crosta said:
Hi,
I have heard different things latley and had a work out plan from an old school body builder and is..
day 1 chest and tri
day 2 back and bi
day 3 shoulder and legs
day off
then repeat.

Seperate your shoulder and leg day. You cant work both with intensity on the same day.

Crosta

Jan 24, 2005
Whats too much exercise?

Is four exercies for each muscle a good amount or should It be less? I always figured the more the better until I read that you can over do it.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
Crosta said:
Is four exercies for each muscle a good amount or should It be less? I always figured the more the better until I read that you can over do it.

Its really a balancing and adjusting act, bro. You won't know what is too much until you try it and mark your progress. Here's a good system:

1) write down everything you lift in a workout log
2) add 5 to 10 pounds (less on something small like bis) each week to each lift
3) now monitor your progress. If your strength is increasing, its working. If you are not improving then you need to adjust the regimen.
4) as long as you are spending your very last dime in energy on your lifts (getting that last motherfucking rep!) then the most common reason for not improving is first diet and second over-training. So make those adjustments.

W

wolfyEVH

heavy said:
Seperate your shoulder and leg day. You cant work both with intensity on the same day.

yep...legs deserve their own day......

and give each body part at least 6-7 rest before training it again.

dump truck

Feb 11, 2005
I have made the changes that I think would suit you.

day 1 chest and tri - Yes
day 2 back and bi - shoulders and hammies
day 3 shoulder and legs - rest
Day 4 Back
Day 5 Quads and calves
Day 6 Bi's
then repeat.
Is this is a very beneficial way to work out or is there a better approach to going at this?
Im going to be starting a cycle in a month also for a bulking cycle and was wondering if I should change up my work out when im on juice.[/QUOT

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
..your dick and pussy(i mean your giblet & moistened fold

Sex is the best damn cardio and musclework you can give yourself.
If you can mange to get in a sweaty session3-5 times a week,you just doubled your workout routine.
I can go into the bathroom after Cara and I finish and hell, I'll be PUMPED like I just got off 30 minute dumbell flys on the bench

Crosta

Jan 24, 2005
dumptruck,
you seperated it out my old exercises alot. Im not too sure what to do for each work out with legs. I normally just did 4 sets of squas, then leg raises, leg curls, then calfs. Can you possibly modify this so I know exactly what to work on those days that you gave me? Or anyone else who has a good work out for legs in the order of his work out plan.
thanks bro

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
i learned a lot by just watching in the gym what the big guys were doing.
Lifting iron can be viewed as a science if you think theres that much too it,but there's not.Lifting iron is not a science,just get in the gym watch and soon you'll get ideas. Just start lifting and rotate your groups and the increase in wieght will come.after a good routine is started make it a point to inrease weight after ea set 5-10 Lbs and rep to failure...

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I prefer this routine.

Monday -Chest and upper back
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Shoulders and lower back
Friday - Bi's and Tri's
Weekend - sex for cardio

The first routine you posted would have you overtraining. Overtraining not only results from too much volume per workout (ie. too many sets), but can also result from too much frequency. You grow when you rest (and eat), not while you are working out.

Last edited:

gpearl383

Jun 16, 2005
Crosta said:
Can you work out more when you are on a cycle? Or keep it the same throughout?

I always work out more when im on...my body can recover quicker...but you really need to see how your body feels...its different for different people. You dont want to hurt yourself by lifting like a madman becuase you are on and feel like you can do anything.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Crosta said:
Hi,
day 1 chest and tri
day 2 back and bi
day 3 shoulder and legs
day off
then repeat.
Im going to be starting a cycle in a month also for a bulking cycle and was wondering if I should change up my work out when im on juice.

Thats one of the splits I use. I always try to change it up every few months though so my body doesnt get use to it. As far as the days off part, I just hit the gym whenever I can. Sometimes thats only 3 times a week, other weeks its 4 times.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Crosta said:
Can you work out more when you are on a cycle? Or keep it the same throughout?
There is a theory that you can work out more on cycle, but there is a couple of things you should be aware of. Overtraining is a neurological response to the stress of working out. In other words, it is not your muscles being tired, it is your nervous system being tired. The danger of that is you don't notice it like you do normal muscle tiredness or sleep deprivation, so the effects are cumulative until your body stops responding and can even develop problems like immune deficiencies or chronic fatigue syndrome.
The next problem is that working out causes micro tears in your muscle cells. The body adapts by healing and causing those cells to grow in response to future load trauma. Those tears are the equivelent of a deep tear on your skin that develops a scab. If you keep tearing the scab off, the tear never heals. Working out too frequently, even when you don't FEEL it, is like continually tearing that scab off.

You grow when you rest, not when you train.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
DragonRider said:
There is a theory that you can work out more on cycle, but there is a couple of things you should be aware of. Overtraining is a neurological response to the stress of working out. In other words, it is not your muscles being tired, it is your nervous system being tired. The danger of that is you don't notice it like you do normal muscle tiredness or sleep deprivation, so the effects are cumulative until your body stops responding and can even develop problems like immune deficiencies or chronic fatigue syndrome.
The next problem is that working out causes micro tears in your muscle cells. The body adapts by healing and causing those cells to grow in response to future load trauma. Those tears are the equivelent of a deep tear on your skin that develops a scab. If you keep tearing the scab off, the tear never heals. Working out too frequently, even when you don't FEEL it, is like continually tearing that scab off.

You grow when you rest, not when you train.

Nice analogy DR. I wish I wasnt eating breakfast while reading it though :D

jsr2188

Dec 5, 2005
So say I did chest and tris on monday, I shouldn't do them again on wednesday i should wait longer?

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
It all depends on your body responds. I work them twice a week, and then a day on the weekend a very, very light workout.