©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Popping dumbells

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
This may be the dumbest question posted here so far, but here goes.

When doing incline dumbell press I can swing the weight into place up to about 75 pounds, but can't swing above that weight. I have no coordination in knee popping the dumbells at a higher weight. Today I had 85s and just said f++++ it. I know that I could go much heavier, but am uncoordinated with getting them in place.

Any tips?

Nitrateman

W

wolfyEVH

lift your knees up as high as you can (while the dbs are on them) then lean back and move them in to place the rest of the way. else you'll just have to ask someone to help you.

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
i pop'em in place with my knees...but if u cant, follow what wolfey said...get a fellow lifter to help. thats probably the only way....

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
I'll keep trying...have used other lifters for help before no probs, but sometimes I am working out alone, usually late at night and would like to be able to control it by myself

thanks

Nitrateman

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I always pop them up with my knees. Its good for building calves :D

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I sometimes swing them up to my shoulders before I hit the seat, squat down slow, and they are right there.