©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Joint "popping"

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
When I do heavy incline and shoulder presses my shoulders make a popping noise usually on my heave lifts. Does anyone else have this problem it doesn't hurt but sometimes my spotters cringe.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
I could be wrong since you're talking about the shoulder joint, but generally whenever I "pop" or "crack" a joint, like my lower or upper back or hip joints it is a very good thing. I often crack a few upper back vertabrae on my first and second set of dips and I nearly always crack my lower back vertabrae during post training stretching. It gets everything into proper alignment.

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
I get some joint popping only when I do military press because of an old baseball injury. I tore my rotator cuff and my shoulders haven't been the save ever since. I just can't do some excercises. Maybe you should try some Smith machine shoulder presses or military instead of the dumbell???

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I thought mine was probably from when I used to race stock cars. It happens from military presses as well. Only the first couple tho.