©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Muscle-tearing massages?

HSBulker

Mar 17, 2006
I was watching that Supersize She show on TLC (I believe) a few days ago, and I was wondering if anyone has heard about or maybe even tried the massage therapy she was having to supposedly tear her muscles?

If so, does it really work? Are there any risks?

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
I dont' know what they are talking about on that show as I haven't watched it, but I assume you are talking about fascial massage, or deep tissue massage.

It is fantastic at recovery and keeping you injury free and healthy, and I get it done at least once a week, sometimes twice a week, every week of the year.

HSBulker

Mar 17, 2006
Maybe it was deep tissue massage. They were rubbing down her legs and arms and all, seemingly pretty hard. And she was wincing the whole time.

Big A

IFBB Pro / NPC Judge / Admin
Sep 10, 2005
Deep tissue every week. It's painful though. Sometimes you get a tear in your eye LOL

Juicyr6

Mar 20, 2006
ART is active recovery technique i believe so...and i had a chiropractor doing that to my knee justa few weeks ago...deep tissue massage i believe is different