©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Off days!

2-Swole

Apr 5, 2006
Wondering how many days you guys rest between muscle groups and why! I workout 5 on (plus cardio on 6) then 1 off for about 1 1/2- 2 hrs. If I switch up my workout by resting every other day will i lose anything since my body is used to working out all the time?

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
2-Swole said:
Wondering how many days you guys rest between muscle groups and why! I workout 5 on (plus cardio on 6) then 1 off for about 1 1/2- 2 hrs. If I switch up my workout by resting every other day will i lose anything since my body is used to working out all the time?

no you shouldnt lose anything. you may infact gain some strength and weight. 5 or 6 days ina row is alot.
try switching it up to 3 on 2 off or 2 on 1 off.
just try to keep the body guessing and it will keep growing.
make sure your diet is in check though

2-Swole

Apr 5, 2006
How bout this?

(Month1) (Month2)
Day1:Shoul/tris Day1:Chest
Day2:Off Day2:Legs
Day3:Back Day3:Off
Day4:Chest/traps Day4:Shoul/tris
Day5:Biceps/forearms Day5:Back/Bis
Day6:Off Day6:Off
Day7:Legs(w/deadlifts) Day7:Repeat

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
2-Swole said:
How bout this?

(Month1) (Month2)
Day1:Shoul/tris Day1:Chest
Day2:Off Day2:Legs
Day3:Back Day3:Off
Day4:Chest/traps Day4:Shoul/tris
Day5:Biceps/forearms Day5:Back/Bis
Day6:Off Day6:Off
Day7:Legs(w/deadlifts) Day7:Repeat

yah that looks better. just remmber to try differnt things al the time. supersets, drops, low reps, high reps differnt excersises. just keep the body guessing. keep us posted bro

2-Swole

Apr 5, 2006
Well I posted this like friggin months and months ago, but now I can answer my own question. 3 day 2 day split: day1shoulders and tris, day2off, day3back, day4chestandtraps, day5bisand forearms, day6off, day7legsw/deadlifts. Then repeat. It is working awesome for me!

skullsmasher

Dec 18, 2005
Depending on my intensity, I have learned that for my body, I need to let each body part rest about 6-8 days approx until I can get a good pump, increased strength and growth, from the next workout. I basically lift every other day and sometimes every 3 days. Its all about rest man, if you do things right. The sooner I eat PWO, the better I feel the next day as well, less soreness, "tighter" etc.