AnaSCI - Fitness Evolved

Buy Needles and Syringes with NO PRESCRIPTION   Synthetek Muscle Building And Fat Loss Products   Cheap Pure Supplements

ŠALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2019

   
  Synthetek Syntherol  
  Crypto Privacy  
   
   
Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products   Largest Selection of Bodybuilding Products


User CP FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Quick Links Log Out

AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved  AnaSCI Fitness Evolved


        
        
        
        
        

Automatic Translations (Powered by Yandex):
Albanian Belarusian Catalan Czech Danish Dutch English Estonian Finnish French German Greek Hungarian Italian Latvian Lithuanian Macedonian Norwegian Portuguese Russian Slovak Slovenian Spanish Swedish Turkish Ukrainian

Go Back   Anabolic Steroids Discussion and Bodybuilding Forum > Diet, Nutrition & Supps Section > Diet, Nutrition & Supplements Discussion

Like Tree24Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Protein powder as main protein source? Yes or no and why?
Old
  (#1)
Registered User
 
xchewbaccax777's Avatar
 
Online
Posts: 744
Join Date: Aug 2013
Protein powder as main protein source? Yes or no and why? - 03-03-2014, 04:31 PM

I'm thinking about giving up red meat and chicken for a while and going straight to powders only for my protein intake say 250 grams a day. I would like to try a vegan diet for a while to clean out my system and i was just curious if getting all of my muscle building protein needs from powders throughout the day would be as beneficial or close to as beneficial as eating chicken and meat. I'm also a bit concerned about my arteries and heart health because I keep reading things about how red meat clogs your arteries. I'm a veteran lifter but I always been a novice eater. I'm trying to take my nutrition to the next level, of course I've been trying to do this for many years and I find it when I try to do something I never accomplish it so I think I'm going to take Nike's slogan and just do it! All opinions and advice are welcome and respected and as always I thank you all for your time.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#2)
Banned
 
Offline
Posts: 5,267
Join Date: Jun 2013
03-03-2014, 05:18 PM

Prepare for the shits. I use to drink 7 protein shakes a day and I'd literally shit that many times a day as well. Buy plenty of baby wipes.

I have sense begin to eat more solid proteins and cut out the shakes to maybe 2-3 a day and its helped tremendously.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Banned
 
Offline
Posts: 4,827
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Out in the boondocks
03-03-2014, 06:02 PM

Don't forget the Micro nutrients provided by beef, chicken, fish, and eggs. If i were you at most I would switch to 50/50 whole foods/shakes and adjust from there.
Ironbuilt and killswitch604 like this.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
 
lycan Venom's Avatar
 
Online
Posts: 1,860
Join Date: Nov 2013
03-03-2014, 06:52 PM

You should check out the mountain dog diet, beef isn't bad for you in moderate amounts. Chicken, fish, lamb, pork, rabbit, venison all lean sources of protein.
Phoe2006 likes this.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
AnaSCI SENIOR
 
Slate23's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 900
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NorthWest
03-03-2014, 07:14 PM

I upped my protein shakes once and I ended up getting hemrrhoids from shitting so much. I read that Christian Bale was a vegetarian when he trained for the movie American Psycho, so it seems to be possible to have a great build without meat. Lets us know how it works out for you
Phoe2006 likes this.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Banned
 
Offline
Posts: 5,267
Join Date: Jun 2013
03-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate23 View Post
I upped my protein shakes once and I ended up getting hemrrhoids from shitting so much. I read that Christian Bale was a vegetarian when he trained for the movie American Psycho, so it seems to be possible to have a great build without meat. Lets us know how it works out for you
I love that movie lol I've noticed that some brands cause u to shit more. I'd order your protein through Synthetek.

Bsn has always been crap and gave me the worst shits of any protein company.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
AnaSCI VET
 
AtomAnt's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Swole-Nation
03-03-2014, 07:58 PM

I know a coach, a very good coach mind you, that asked for volunteers to be part of any experiment. It was to use only protein powder as your protein source. He coached everyone as he would normally, but only used protein powders. Of course, volunteers could opt out but they were getting free coaching. Everyone who did it and followed the plan achieved their goals of a certain body fat. I believe he added in extra fiber to shakes as well and preferred a multi species protein whey / egg / casein. He also suggested digestive enzymes, especially protease and lactase. A close friend did it and he looked incredible after 12 weeks and said he felt less bloated overall and said it simplified his life.

Another thing to check out is the velocity diet.. That also used mainly shakes


Women's Bodybuilding Overall National Champion and IFBB Professional


-All posts are for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously
-All content posted is fictitious and novelty purposes only



AKA - Mentalflex
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
 
Sully's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,298
Join Date: Dec 2012
03-03-2014, 08:11 PM

When most people have gastrointestinal issues from shakes it's because they are using whey protein and, believe it or not, almost everyone is lactose intolerant to some degree. When they start ingesting large amounts of whey they get to their tipping point with too much lactose and then the diarrhea starts. Switch to a non dairy protein and I'm sure all of you could drink gallons of it a day with no problem.

As far as going vegan, not a fan. There's some weird misconception that it's somehow healthier or more pure than eating meat, and it's just not true. The human body was meant to eat meat. We specifically evolved the ability to eat and digest flesh based protein for a reason. You have canine and inscisor teeth for a reason. You find the taste of animal fat massively appealing for a reason. You were meant to eat it.

Humanity only started eating cereal grains roughly 8-10 thousand years ago, depending on who's estimate you look at. And there has been a well documented downturn in mankinds overall makeup since we started eating grains. Shorter average height, worsening dental health, increased bodyfat, more incidences of disease and pandemics, and overall worse health.

Meat based diets really are healthier, but as with all things in life, moderation is key.
srd1, Phoe2006, Slate23 and 2 others like this.


GearPro Rep
[email protected]


It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it- Aristotle
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Banned
 
Offline
Posts: 5,267
Join Date: Jun 2013
03-04-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sully View Post
When most people have gastrointestinal issues from shakes it's because they are using whey protein and, believe it or not, almost everyone is lactose intolerant to some degree. When they start ingesting large amounts of whey they get to their tipping point with too much lactose and then the diarrhea starts. Switch to a non dairy protein and I'm sure all of you could drink gallons of it a day with no problem.

As far as going vegan, not a fan. There's some weird misconception that it's somehow healthier or more pure than eating meat, and it's just not true. The human body was meant to eat meat. We specifically evolved the ability to eat and digest flesh based protein for a reason. You have canine and inscisor teeth for a reason. You find the taste of animal fat massively appealing for a reason. You were meant to eat it.

Humanity only started eating cereal grains roughly 8-10 thousand years ago, depending on who's estimate you look at. And there has been a well documented downturn in mankinds overall makeup since we started eating grains. Shorter average height, worsening dental health, increased bodyfat, more incidences of disease and pandemics, and overall worse health.

Meat based diets really are healthier, but as with all things in life, moderation is key.
I never thought of it like that, but as previously stated certain companies proteins have had worse effects than others.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
AnaSCI SENIOR
 
Offline
Posts: 754
Join Date: May 2013
03-04-2014, 12:36 AM

I drink 5-6 shakes a day and four main meals. No stomach issues here.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#11)
AnaSCI SENIOR
 
Slate23's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 900
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NorthWest
03-04-2014, 03:31 AM

If I would ever become vegetarian it would be more for animal cruelty reasons than the health aspect. Even though with the way we raise livestock in this country, I think one can make a solid case that vegatarian could be healthier way to go (maybe fish as the only animal protein). And if someone is lactose intolerant switch over to whey isolate. It's usually around 99% lactose free
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
AnaSCI VET
 
AtomAnt's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Swole-Nation
03-04-2014, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sully View Post
When most people have gastrointestinal issues from shakes it's because they are using whey protein and, believe it or not, almost everyone is lactose intolerant to some degree. When they start ingesting large amounts of whey they get to their tipping point with too much lactose and then the diarrhea starts. Switch to a non dairy protein and I'm sure all of you could drink gallons of it a day with no problem.

As far as going vegan, not a fan. There's some weird misconception that it's somehow healthier or more pure than eating meat, and it's just not true. The human body was meant to eat meat. We specifically evolved the ability to eat and digest flesh based protein for a reason. You have canine and inscisor teeth for a reason. You find the taste of animal fat massively appealing for a reason. You were meant to eat it.

Humanity only started eating cereal grains roughly 8-10 thousand years ago, depending on who's estimate you look at. And there has been a well documented downturn in mankinds overall makeup since we started eating grains. Shorter average height, worsening dental health, increased bodyfat, more incidences of disease and pandemics, and overall worse health.

Meat based diets really are healthier, but as with all things in life, moderation is key.

Some protein powders that are of higher quality have zero to very trace lactose, even their whey isolates. I do feel that shakes (particularly whey) tend to have a faster transit time than whole foods.
Slate23 likes this.


Women's Bodybuilding Overall National Champion and IFBB Professional


-All posts are for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously
-All content posted is fictitious and novelty purposes only



AKA - Mentalflex
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
AnaSCI VET
 
Enigmatic707's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,752
Join Date: Feb 2013
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate23 View Post
I upped my protein shakes once and I ended up getting hemrrhoids from shitting so much. I read that Christian Bale was a vegetarian when he trained for the movie American Psycho, so it seems to be possible to have a great build without meat. Lets us know how it works out for you

Did you just refer to Christian Bale in American Psycho as having a "great build"?!?!?!?

Damn- I don't know what to say...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
AnaSCI VET
 
Enigmatic707's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,752
Join Date: Feb 2013
03-04-2014, 09:03 AM

And to stay on topic here-

I used to consume around 50% of my protein intake from quality whey.. Now I'm almost 100% whole foods minus 20g of whey post workout..

I've put on more mass since switching to whole foods than I ever did when using a lot of whey. I eat around 3lbs of meat per day ... Expensive but worth it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
AnaSCI VET
 
Big-John's Avatar
 
Online
Posts: 3,128
Join Date: Oct 2012
03-04-2014, 10:11 AM

For me it was just extra. Your def getting more out of the foods you eat.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
AnaSCI VET
 
AtomAnt's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 2,208
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Swole-Nation
03-04-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic707 View Post
Did you just refer to Christian Bale in American Psycho as having a "great build"?!?!?!?

Damn- I don't know what to say...
LMAO!

And to go off what big john write, you need to think about micro nutrients... the health benefits matter and whole food has thing protein powders do not


Women's Bodybuilding Overall National Champion and IFBB Professional


-All posts are for entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously
-All content posted is fictitious and novelty purposes only



AKA - Mentalflex
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
Registered User
 
xchewbaccax777's Avatar
 
Online
Posts: 744
Join Date: Aug 2013
03-05-2014, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomAnt View Post
LMAO!

And to go off what big john write, you need to think about micro nutrients... the health benefits matter and whole food has thing protein powders do not
Thanks Atom....always appreciate your time dude
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
AnaSCI MEMBER
 
Offline
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: ms. delta
03-25-2014, 10:18 AM

add beans leafy and root veggies could be good but really cleaning out system is not a real thing
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
Registered User
 
Offline
Posts: 60
Join Date: Sep 2013
03-27-2014, 06:36 PM

id rather hear you say your cutting out protein powders and only eating whole protein sources, remember the more solid food you eat the more solid you will be , dairy is junk bro pure n simple full of allergens pus n blood, anibiotics,hormones etc pure junk i have about 1 protein shake a week and its pure organic grass fed whey, OR hemp protein the most natural forms are most recognizable by our bodies. just a thought man
xchewbaccax777 likes this.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
AnaSCI VET
 
Offline
Posts: 1,807
Join Date: May 2013
03-28-2014, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomAnt View Post
I know a coach, a very good coach mind you, that asked for volunteers to be part of any experiment. It was to use only protein powder as your protein source. He coached everyone as he would normally, but only used protein powders. Of course, volunteers could opt out but they were getting free coaching. Everyone who did it and followed the plan achieved their goals of a certain body fat. I believe he added in extra fiber to shakes as well and preferred a multi species protein whey / egg / casein. He also suggested digestive enzymes, especially protease and lactase. A close friend did it and he looked incredible after 12 weeks and said he felt less bloated overall and said it simplified his life.

Another thing to check out is the velocity diet.. That also used mainly shakes
very interesting!
i`m now eating almost 100% of my proteins from whole food and i just take 30 gr of whey post workout, but yes i think you can still have the same benefits of whole food IF your protein source it`s legit.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.



Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright © 2003-2019 AnaSCI.org. All rights reserved.