©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier Staredown Erupts in MGM Grand Brawl

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I think Jones will destroy him but like every other fight we thought was a sure thing. Its all about who shows up that day.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
I think Jones will destroy him but like every other fight we thought was a sure thing. Its all about who shows up that day.

I honestly used to be a big Bones Jones fan, but he has gotten too cocky for my taste. I think if anyone can beat Jones it's going to be Daniel.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I honestly used to be a big Bones Jones fan, but he has gotten too cocky for my taste. I think if anyone can beat Jones it's going to be Daniel.
U hear his comments today about cormier being pregnant and he hoped he didn't hurt the baby lmfao

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
U hear his comments today about cormier being pregnant and he hoped he didn't hurt the baby lmfao

No I did not! Is it on Youtube?:)

I bet if Dana had been standing in between the two of them, it would have never happend.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I thought DC pulled a dick move there. I don't fault Jones for taking him down.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
The whole thing is stupid. I hate it when fighters get into it on stage. Reminds me of the fights Tyson used to get into at press conferences. It's ridiculous. I want to see these guys in the ring, not taking cheap shots at each other with a bunch of security guys trying to pull them apart like teachers who separate kids during a fight in gym class. Be professionals outside the ring, be maulers inside of it. This shit is a billion dollar business now. They need to recognize it and act accordingly.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Looks like Jones needs some more time:rolleyes:

Jon Jones Injured; Out Of UFC 178 Main Event | UFC &reg - News

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones sustained a leg injury in training, putting plans for the much-anticipated UFC 178 title bout between "Bones" and No. 1 contender Daniel Cormier on hold.

Cormier will now get his title shot against Jones, 27, on Jan. 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The main event for UFC 178 on Sept. 27 has been changed to a UFC flyweight title showdown between Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson and Chris Cariaso, which was previously slotted as the co-main event for UFC 177 in Sacramento on Aug. 30.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, I just got done reading this....very disappointing to say the least....and odd timing. Now we have to wait another 5 months for it. Cormier was saying that his knee was banged up, but he didn't mention about it and was gonna fight thru it anyway.

ANybody know what exactly the injury is that Jones has?

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Looks like Jones needs some more time:rolleyes:

Jon Jones Injured; Out Of UFC 178 Main Event | UFC &reg - News

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones sustained a leg injury in training, putting plans for the much-anticipated UFC 178 title bout between "Bones" and No. 1 contender Daniel Cormier on hold.

Cormier will now get his title shot against Jones, 27, on Jan. 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The main event for UFC 178 on Sept. 27 has been changed to a UFC flyweight title showdown between Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson and Chris Cariaso, which was previously slotted as the co-main event for UFC 177 in Sacramento on Aug. 30.

I was so disappointed to hear that! Jones is going to get boo'd out of the building when he walks to the ring!! I would hate to think that he's just doing this to screw with DC. Apparently, it take even longer, because the injury hasn't been evaluated by a doctor yet.

Gustaffson is pissed off too, because by the time that fight rolls around, he'll be ready to fight. He told the UFC that he wanted the fight instead, but apparently Lorenzo Fertitta told DC that the title shot was his, guaranteed.

Yea, I just got done reading this....very disappointing to say the least....and odd timing. Now we have to wait another 5 months for it. Cormier was saying that his knee was banged up, but he didn't mention about it and was gonna fight thru it anyway.

ANybody know what exactly the injury is that Jones has?

DC mentioned his injury, it was never hidden. He had mentioned that he was going to take some time off to get knee surgery...Then out of the blue, Gustaffson was out and he was offered the shot. That's when he put the knee surgery on the back burner and fight for the title. The problem with that, is if he wins and then turns around and has knee surgery...ANOTHER champion who's out and can't defend their belt for a better part of the year.

Jones has an injury to the meniscus.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
One thing I found interesting is that Jones was hurt defending a take down attempt from Alistair Overeem. Greg Jackson says it was freak thing...Could be. The thing I find interesting is that one of the reasons the Blackzillian's kicked Overeem out of their camp, was because he kept hurting people. We'll so how things play out in Jackson's camp with him!