©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thoughts about percentage

mc63s

Apr 27, 2011
What percentage do you put on diet, workout, rest, gear for getting big? Can this have a really answer?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
What percentage do you put on diet, workout, rest, gear for getting big? Can this have a really answer?

Ideally

100% diet
100% workout
100% rest
100% gear

Not the answer you were looking for but the correct one

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Just want to add to me diet is everything. That is no.1. With the others you can look at it in so many ways. Sure rest is vital but some pro's have been known to have little sleep. But of course you need your recovery so again I put that as vital but behind diet.

Training is needed. If you train like a beast in the gym then good. But everyone trains so differently and if everything else is in place (diet, hormones and rest) you will grow and grow. Some train to complete failure such as Tom Platz and well nearly all bber's. Then you have someone like Lee Haney who does the opposite. So in my eyes although training is everything and seperates us from champions and losers I think as long as your stimulating your are good to go... may that be 20 sets of 10 or dc training etc etc.

Now gear is vital to reach a certain level of physique. It can make up for other areas. But I don't feel it is as important as diet for example cos I know many with crap diets and lots of gear who look awful... although I have seen the opposite too. There is no clear answer. Gear is everything. But if you just want to look like Ryan Reynolds then you don't need it. But if you wanna look like Arnold it is simply vital for your needs.

In conclusion everyone is different. Without one part you would look different. Diet is king. But if I want to get to 250 then gear is a must. I would just try and get 100% from each (answer above). With gear that would be using it sensibily. Starting off low and building up... never missing a growth phase. Then using compounds that compliment oneother and using things that suit you. If you get terrible side effects from x compound don't use it. Sleep for me would be 8 hours per day. Again with training if squats hurt your knees then stop them. Use programs that suit you. Experiment and learn your body and you will find what works for you.

Last edited:

mc63s

Apr 27, 2011
Just want to add to me diet is everything. That is no.1. With the others you can look at it in so many ways. Sure rest is vital but some pro's have been known to have little sleep. But of course you need your recovery so again I put that as vital but behind diet.

Training is needed. If you train like a beast in the gym then good. But everyone trains so differently and if everything else is in place (diet, hormones and rest) you will grow and grow. Some train to complete failure such as Tom Platz and well nearly all bber's. Then you have someone like Lee Haney who does the opposite. So in my eyes although training is everything and seperates us from champions and losers I think as long as your stimulating your are good to go... may that be 20 sets of 10 or dc training etc etc.

Now gear is vital to reach a certain level of physique. It can make up for other areas. But I don't feel it is as important as diet for example cos I know many with crap diets and lots of gear who look awful... although I have seen the opposite too. There is no clear answer. Gear is everything. But if you just want to look like Ryan Reynolds then you don't need it. But if you wanna look like Arnold it is simply vital for your needs.

In conclusion everyone is different. Without one part you would look different. Diet is king. But if I want to get to 250 then gear is a must. I would just try and get 100% from each (answer above). With gear that would be using it sensibily. Starting off low and building up... never missing a growth phase. Then using compounds that compliment oneother and using things that suit you. If you get terrible side effects from x compound don't use it. Sleep for me would be 8 hours per day. Again with training if squats hurt your knees then stop them. Use programs that suit you. Experiment and learn your body and you will find what works for you.

great input bro, thanks

lke45

Apr 30, 2011
IMO
30% Genetics
25% Diet
20% Training
15% Gear
10% Rest and general decent lifestyle
Assuming that each part is at least covered slightly.

morris

Jun 20, 2011
I don't think that you can put a % on it..you can take gear, rest, train like a crazy but if you don't eat you'll gain nothing! also, if you didn't rest enough or train hard if everything else was sorted.
Everything has to be worked at or there's no point in starting this - even with steroids.

harrison

Jan 27, 2011
Diet 35%
Training 35%
Rest 30%

The rest is important for me and also for body-building. We grow when we rest that's why I see it as so important.

vip0

Apr 26, 2011
Ideal is 100 percent of course. But this could be achieve just in an ideal world. In a real world you have periods of great workouts and less ones too, or times when your diet is spot on and times when this is a mess, and so on with every aspect of training and dieting in general. When something is not going according to the plan you need to find the motivation that gets you back on track where you put again the 100 percent dedication.

Gettinhuge_pump

Ideal is 100 percent of course. But this could be achieve just in an ideal world. In a real world you have periods of great workouts and less ones too, or times when your diet is spot on and times when this is a mess, and so on with every aspect of training and dieting in general. When something is not going according to the plan you need to find the motivation that gets you back on track where you put again the 100 percent dedication.

Overcome the obstacles life throws at u and get back on track...I like that mindset.

doodoop

May 11, 2011
Diet is for sure the most important factor in body building , I will say at least 75% and what has remained is divided imo