©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New jurney in life

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Well the oil field is going to shit for now. Right now I'm on a bus to a cdl school. Have to do something till the market recovers. Guess I'm gonna see the country side for a bit. Not bad just not where I see my life going. Wish me luck guys

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Good luck .....the oil field is shit right now I'm in the same boat ....there's a few decent jobs left in the oil fields once you get the cdl but you'll probably still have to put a little otr in to get experience before they'll hire for them. They still have to move oil but the pay isn't near what it was for hauling it anymore. Its just a bad situation for everyone in oil fields hopefully it works out for you.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I dont know you personaly but I got to thinking after working oilfield your probably going to hate otr the way the industry is these days. If you havnt figured out where your going after you get your cdl theres a few cdl jobs in the oilfield that really don't depend on the market and unless you've worked production side of it you may not know they exist,then again you may. If you are still figuring out what your doing let me know I'll pm info on the work I'm talking about .

Jonny

Dec 6, 2014
Well the oil field is going to shit for now. Right now I'm on a bus to a cdl school. Have to do something till the market recovers. Guess I'm gonna see the country side for a bit. Not bad just not where I see my life going. Wish me luck guys

I'm sorry brothers. Have you ever looked at becoming a machinist?
Always in need.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Start looking at fire departments that are hiring. It'll pay you a liveable income, although it won't make you rich. You'll have more days off of work than you will at work, typically good benefits, the chance to workout while on duty, and the ability to work a second job if you need/want to. It takes some time to get hired, and the application and testing process can be a hassle, but if the job you end up doing has some flexibility you should be able to manage it.

I've been doing it for 13 years now, and the only regret I have about it is the area of the country that I'm in. If I had this job somewhere out west, I'd be extremely happy.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Well, I wish u the best of luck with it, either way.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

Crazy what the oil market has done recently. I do wish you the VERY BEST of luck! Hang in there!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Crazy what the oil market has done recently. I do wish you the VERY BEST of luck! Hang in there!

Yup, and the flip side of it is that every time we look at the price of oil and get happy because it dropped so low, friends of ours like chAotic are losing jobs and having to scramble to find a way to pay the bills.

I know a lot of people locally to me that work at a small regional oil company, and for the last 6 months the pink slips have been been raining down like confetti. I've got an uncle that works there, and he's sweating it big time.

But I can fill my gas tank up for less than $20 for the first time in a decade, so there's that.